User Tag List

Thread: Td 4.2 conversion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Td 4.2 conversion

I am just wondering how people in nsw have gone with doing the conversion from the 3ltr to a 4.2 my question is do you need to get it engineered i have had some people say no just needs blue slip and then others say it has to be engineered. I am assuming that it would need engineering due to changing the engine mount position to suite the td4.2 . Thanks Dave

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dave not sure in NSW but here in Vic, all Vic Roads care about is, if the vehicle came out with the planned motor to change, as a factory option then no engineering is required. Even though the mounts need to be welded on they didn't care about this in my case. But I'm thinking they don't know about this requirement to actually do the change, I just had to supply proof that the TD was a factory option. Which I did with a copy of the original advertising pamphlet which showed all the options. Kindly supplied by Nissan's head office with one phone call. In the end I did get my Patrol engineered though. Well it went in to get the 4inch lift engied, but they said they must do the entire vehicle, so it did.
    The vic roads website actually stated the info about the motor change, so your RTA office, or whoever they are called, should do to I think.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mark i hope it's the same up here i would like to hold off on the engineering until i finsh a few other jobs and get it all done together

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk