Thread: 2004 GU IV 3.0l engine troubles, help

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyph_01 View Post
    Well since i bought it it starts pretty easy. haven't drove it much yet. I ll try and start it this avo after work as it would have sat for 12hrs then.
    Also looking at doing a NADS on it. Fit the dawes valve, oil catch can boost and egt gauge. Could anyone tell me the best spot to put the egt probe on a std exhaust system?

Thx
    Most ppl fit the bung hole for the EGT probe just on the bend on the dump pipe about 100mm - 150mm post turbo.
    Wait till you get a high flow cat and do things at the same time, You may want to ceramic coat the dump pipe or as some
    have done is wrap in exhaust material. Its all about thermo dynamics and keeping the heat where it belongs inside the pipe
    and not radiating out, and causing hot spots. . Thats why Ive fitted a turbo beanie keeps the heat inside the turbo and pipe
    and also keeps my Aux battery very cool another plus to stop your aux battery exploding. food for thought.

Some battery places wont fix an aux battery your a 3lt TD patrol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You dont need 25 posts to download the manuals there you go download away;
    Next check your intercooler if its oily its leaking, Disconnect the battery remove the IC
    and rinse with kere or carbie cleaner, dry with the hair dryer before re installing.
    You can pressure test by taping up the outlets use a bike pump to introduce a little
    air and dunk in a kiddies pong or bath which ever works best for you. Replace all your vacuume hoses
    20c a mtr,remembering what goes where. Now remove your MAF sensor with the correct tool and with some spray
    from Super Cheap auto and give the wire a decent spray dont touch with your hand or anything else for that matter.
    now re assyeble, You really need a boost adaptor so you can fit a boost gauge easily anolg with a EGT gauge ,,either
    in a pillow pod or on dash gauge pod, Check what boost youre running, should be about 16psi or there abouts.
    re connect the battery order a new tigged OE IC you wont need a big CC IC just a waste of money on a 3 ltr
    if you ask me, See how you go after all that
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Guyph_01 (1st June 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    You dont need 25 posts to download the manuals there you go download away;
    Next check your intercooler if its oily its leaking, Disconnect the battery remove the IC
    and rinse with kere or carbie cleaner, dry with the hair dryer before re installing.
    You can pressure test by taping up the outlets use a bike pump to introduce a little
    air and dunk in a kiddies pong or bath which ever works best for you. Replace all your vacuume hoses
    20c a mtr,remembering what goes where. Now remove your MAF sensor with the correct tool and with some spray
    from Super Cheap auto and give the wire a decent spray dont touch with your hand or anything else for that matter.
    now re assyeble, You really need a boost adaptor so you can fit a boost gauge easily anolg with a EGT gauge ,,either
    in a pillow pod or on dash gauge pod, Check what boost youre running, should be about 16psi or there abouts.
    re connect the battery order a new tigged OE IC you wont need a big CC IC just a waste of money on a 3 ltr
    if you ask me, See how you go after all that
    Amazing reply thx a lot for that but today i've finally extended my compression fitting and did a comp test on a warmed up engine. While warming up, If i reved her she would produce white smoke

Anyway after she was warm i pulled the rocker and glow plugs off and tested each cyl.

300, 310, 320 and 300

I was told std comp value is 426psi and min is 330psi

I wasnt sure if my ebay comp tester was faulty or my welding on the extension was so i dropped some oil in the first cyl and tried again, 420psi :..(
    Looks like i've got fucked rings!! and will need to fix that below any mods.

I had a bad feeling from the start, unfortunately the day i took her for a test drive she didnt show any smoke only the power issue that i assumed was a leaking STD IC or something else due to it not having NADS.
    Anyway, Would anyone in WA be able to recommend a good place i can get the engine parts cleaned, head machined checked etc and get a rebuild kit from? I've been looking around and got some prices already but maybe you guys know other better places

Again thx everyone for their input. will keep posting and maybe start a new build thread
    Last edited by Guyph_01; 1st June 2017 at 09:08 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or anyone got a good ZD30 i could use?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123