User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disconnecting GU "key in" warning buzzer

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm out there installing the CB and this annoying little beeping sound is drilling into my skull........my keys are in the ignition and I'm wondering why I'm getting edgy.

Down under the dash reaching trying to pull the coax through and I can hear this continuous dam irritating alarm......didn't mean to get under the dash without taking the keys out of the ignition but dammit I was concentrating on what I was doing. So I down the tools and straight to the iPad to search the forum for someway to kill this key in ignition beeping noise.

Within 2 minutes I am jotting down the instructions for the destruction of this alarm.

Hey long story just to say thanks to YNOT but this is also a thank you to the members of the forum for being members of the forum. This is what it's all about. Now I have silence when my keys are in the ignition. I'm a happy little Patrol-Guy once again.

Paul
    Last edited by Patrol-Guy; 4th January 2014 at 09:05 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrol-Guy For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (4th January 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need Help, Car wont start. When I pulled the bottom shroud off I noticed the plastic ring around the end of the barrel was slightly broken. it has copper wire coiled around it and the wires were nearly touching the ignition barrel, I used a small screwdriver to put the exposed wires back in the plastic ring that runs around the barrel. then I disconnected the small brown plug which I think is the 'key in ignition' warning wire, tried starting the car and it just kept turning over. So I plugged brown plug back in and still car wont fire.??
    2011 ST, Steel bulbar, warn winch, snorkel, arb rear bar, uhf, dual batteries, on board compressor, 2" OME suspension

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did this mod, being very careful of the inner plastic ring and the bit of copper wire that might be the issue in the above post. Still made me nervous but the buzzer is gone and the car still starts.

Awsome

Cheers.
    09 ST CRD 5 spd Wagon, Snorkel, ARB Bar, Warn Winch, Duel Btys, Beaudesert 2.3/4 exh, Provent 200, Racor 445 ... now to find some money for the rest!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NT09ST For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (5th May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody great post, as i like to crank up the music and open the doors and use my car as a ghetto blaster while working outside and that dam beep beep shit annoys the hell out of me, i will have a beer or two in your honor next time i do it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally peace at last after 5 years and so simple, a very big thank you to all involved, the Road Runner is dead, no more beep beep beep....game over
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers so bloody annoying.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally - bliss... Thanks for the post.
    Looking for a 4WD Club in WA that caters solely for Patrol, Safari and Maverick owners? Click here to HERE to visit the Western Patrol Club. Click HERE for the Beagle Mobile Mods!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks , curious thing is happening to my 2012 dx Ute . Replaced my under bonnet aux battery and after 5 years of ownership the dreaded door open beep is happening. Not sure why it’s only started yesterday .ill pull the shroud off and inspect.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did this on mine when I first got it, I think it was a brown wire for the CRD
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12