OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Upgrade Intercooler for 99 RD28ETi Patrol?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrade Intercooler for 99 RD28ETi Patrol?

Hey all,

I've settled on which 3" exhaust I'll get, and suspension, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an intercooler upgrade for my lovely old RD28ETi Patrol.

She is mechanically awesome and was extremely well looked after, but I'm trying to minimise the lag in 1st gear taking off, particularly when facing uphill and just give her a bit of breathing space when driving on and off road.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Theres a few slightly larger IC's available on eBay. How much better it will be I am not sure. They are fairly cheap too so the hip pocket hurt wont be as bad as buying top dollar ARE or Cross Country cooler. Plus I am pretty sure that a bigger IC wont help with the lag you speak of. It may but I am not sure. I would get the truck dyno tuned. Probably the best thing for you to do next I would guess. As on the dyno they can try to tune out this lag, and even give you better advice on what to do.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Pauls4x4 (17th May 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info, they seem to be around the $280 mark but I'm guessing that most will perform better than the standard unit. I'll eventually get a chance to do the dyno but thought i should get the upgrades first then get it tuned. Well, at least that's what's been suggested to me 😊, hoping that's the correct path to take.
    Any suggestions about where to get the dyno tuning done and what $$$ i might be looking at?