OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix the wet carpet on the left footwell .

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMG_0205[1].JPGIMG_0205[1].JPG Hope this is ok Cuppa
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMG_0204[1].JPGand in position Cuppa
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dads tractor View Post
    and in position Cuppa
    Thanks. All is now clear! AND .......... now you know how to post pics! Does it get any better?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or have you unleashed a monster?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dads Tractor...... or anyone else ..... help! The passenger footwell in our car has developed a severe case of bromidrosis (for non Zappa fans - that's 'stinkfoot'). No rain, no water crossings, has only become an issue after using the air con. Felt doesn't feel wet & soggy.Smell gets worse as the floor gets hot throughout the day's driving.

When you stick the 6mm tube into that hole does it need to be a tight fit to seal the drain from the inside or just to hold it in place. We are in Boulia at the moment with 37 degrees so the air con would be nice to use. I have some 5mm tube I could wedge in place but have my doubts that it will prevent the stink getting worse. Will try to get some 6mm tube in Boulia.
    How far should you push it in (crude answers on a postcard - helpful ones in the thread - ta.).

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Dads Tractor...... or anyone else ..... help! The passenger footwell in our car has developed a severe case of bromidrosis (for non Zappa fans - that's 'stinkfoot'). No rain, no water crossings, has only become an issue after using the air con. Felt doesn't feel wet & soggy.Smell gets worse as the floor gets hot throughout the day's driving.

When you stick the 6mm tube into that hole does it need to be a tight fit to seal the drain from the inside or just to hold it in place. We are in Boulia at the moment with 37 degrees so the air con would be nice to use. I have some 5mm tube I could wedge in place but have my doubts that it will prevent the stink getting worse. Will try to get some 6mm tube in Boulia.
    How far should you push it in (crude answers on a postcard - helpful ones in the thread - ta.).
    You've had this problem before Cuppa , what was it last time .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bahhahaha thats flash i got a piece of garden hose lol
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to garett For This Useful Post:

Rossco (13th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    You've had this problem before Cuppa , what was it last time .
    When I had the problem before it was far worse but nothing to do with the air con. It was a leak from the bit under the window grille, & the felt under the vinyl was sopping wet, really stank, & the felt, glued onto the vinyl took 10 days to dry out after stripping the cab to get it out. I recognise the smell this time, want to use the air con but don't want the smell getting like it was before. 99% certain it's an air con drain issue this time.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Make sure the drain isn't blocked or the outlet pipe isn't cracked. I extended the original rubber elbow to try and help with keeping water out during water crossings.
    Last edited by mudnut; 13th September 2017 at 08:49 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (14th September 2017), GQtdauto (13th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be good news on the 'sniff front'. After pulling up the vinyl flooring & finding it dry followed by much sniff testing over several days (which was complicated by the fact that there appears to be some plants around which is give off a fair & similar whiff - something between a dead mouse & really cheesy socks) it seems the culprit may have been the lower leg section of the pants I was wearing. No stains, hadn't shit myself, nothing to see except for the smell. Possibly something got on them whist I was cleaning fish, but it's not a fishy smell. Bit of a mystery really, maybe I brushed through one of the plants that smells! Pants have been given a good wash, but whilst less the smell is still lingering & if a second wash doesn't work it's new pants time.

Anyway we drove from Boulia to Bedourie today, me wearing different pants & not a whiff at all in the cab. No air con used as it's been cooler , in the mid 20's, today. Will try the air con when it's next hot & hope the stench doesn't return.

Going for a free sunset dip in Bedourie's artesian spa tonight, then on to camp at Cuttaburra Crossing tomorrow.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12