Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking the EGR Valve

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere only with the addition of a larger exhaust and the blanking plate that the boost can spike to and unacceptable level

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    How can I tell what boost I'm getting? I have no additional guages.

I thought fitting a blanking plate didn't cause any issues except getting error codes on the dash occassionally.
    Do you have an ecu reader. Ie scangauge or similar
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    I read somewhere only with the addition of a larger exhaust and the blanking plate that the boost can spike to and unacceptable level

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs
    Egr block with stock exhaust is no issue..
    It has enough back pressure.
    But may get the code.
    And it seems it's very exhaust system reliant too.. @TPC doesn't have any boost issues with his holed block plate and 3" yet I did with my full blank and 3" exhaust.

Boost control has sorted my issues..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered a poor mans scanguage, so I'll have a look at that, thanks Kallen.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, great thread. I starting researching how to get more towing ability out of my wagon. Read through this and decided I'll blank my egr to start with and see what that does. From what I read I just need the blank plate and something like a scan gauge to clear any errors and compare a few before and after readings. I have a 2012 GU CRD - sounds like it's straightforward. Have no other engine mods... Will see how it goes from this and look at chip and exhaust next.

Anyone have any towing upgrade suggestions they've used for similar model CRDs? I'm towing a 1.6T camper and it struggles...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys, great thread. Getting my NADS stuff ready to fit. Has anyone cleaned their intake manifold as part of this ? To me it seems like a good idea to get rid of the accumulated gunk before fitting NADS as otherwise you still have the restricted intake even though it won't get worse.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GU09 View Post
    Hi Guys, great thread. Getting my NADS stuff ready to fit. Has anyone cleaned their intake manifold as part of this ? To me it seems like a good idea to get rid of the accumulated gunk before fitting NADS as otherwise you still have the restricted intake even though it won't get worse.
    Set aside a day or two when doing the intake manifold removal and cleaning. While its a good idea, its a big job aswell. A lot needs to come off when doing this job.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

GU09 (22nd December 2016)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started getting the dash warning light after I blocked my EGR and like others I've noticed that is sometimes goes away on it's own. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it comes on.

If you get the app Torque and an OBD bluetooth connector, you can clear the codes that way. I've now got a Kings Scanguagey thing and use that to clear the codes/dash light.

So if I go with a 3" exhaust and with my EGR blocked how do I make sure my boost doesn't over boost? Do I require yet more stuff to keep that under control? I might just remove all the mufflers etc and stick with the stock size pipe???? What do others think??

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    I started getting the dash warning light after I blocked my EGR and like others I've noticed that is sometimes goes away on it's own. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it comes on.

If you get the app Torque and an OBD bluetooth connector, you can clear the codes that way. I've now got a Kings Scanguagey thing and use that to clear the codes/dash light.

So if I go with a 3" exhaust and with my EGR blocked how do I make sure my boost doesn't over boost? Do I require yet more stuff to keep that under control? I might just remove all the mufflers etc and stick with the stock size pipe???? What do others think??
    It tends to happen on colder mornings or when air is more dense..
    Yes torque will clear it but why not keep the EDS powered full time as a gauge for multiple things?
    It may over boost it may not..
    Mine did, so fitted tillix and needle valve, so boost is now mechanical..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get enough benefit from fitting a 3" exhaust to warrant the extra work??? Valves, needles, extra gauges & finding somewhere to put them.

Is it worth the extra work & expense? I only ask because I don't know, if everyone says it makes a huge difference then great, but if everyone says "oh yeah it makes some difference" then .....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so after reading all 48 pages I thought I'd better register. Details of my ride(s) in intro thread but thought I'd provide some info. Had a RedBack 3" exhaust put on the 2011 CRD just after Xmas. Wife and were very pleased with result, general power better across the rev range and turbo seems to spool up a bit quicker. Intend to do the EGR block when I can get access to the vehicle, read intro for more info on that. Just ordered UltraGuage to check boost etc and need to disconnect battery to reset ECU I suspect as wife think fuel usage has possibly gone up a bit since exhaust was fitted...want to do CREB and Telegraph tracks before she comes home in July...So any CRD owner wanting a bit more grunt I do recommend the 3" exhaust it was a very noticeable improvement.

Graeme

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast