Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: Blocking the EGR Valve

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my guess is that solenoid and EGR 'related' butterfly valve per photos is not directly part of the porting of exhaust gasses from the exhaust manifold to the intake or inline on that system. But it's there. and plumed into somthing. I'm guessing exhaust post turbo to aid in ensuring EGs are recirculated and forced to by the part closure of the exhaust system?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its for closing the main exhaust for forcing EGR... 6.JPG

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksand500 View Post
    So its for closing the main exhaust for forcing EGR... 6.JPG
    what you are looking at here mate is not what is on your Patrol. The pics I uploaded above are. What you have highlight looks like an exhaust brake setup.
    Last edited by mudski; 4th January 2019 at 02:30 PM.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So my guess is that solenoid and EGR 'related' butterfly valve per photos is not directly part of the porting of exhaust gasses from the exhaust manifold to the intake or inline on that system. But it's there. and plumed into somthing. I'm guessing exhaust post turbo to aid in ensuring EGs are recirculated and forced to by the part closure of the exhaust system?
    Look at the two pics I put up. The top is the butterfly thingo I mentioned, showing the diaphragm, the second is the EGR system, From the pipe post exhaust, around the back of the motor to the EGR cooler, and then the EGR valve at the front.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I understand the differences in the setups per your pics. Only that per my ACTUAL photo i posted of the diaphragm, this exhaust butterfly is part of my emissions system, that functions via the solenoid also in photo. I thought it was plumbed directly inline with the the porting of EX gasses in the EGR system and could be disabled in lieu of blanking plates. Turns out this is just as bad and forces gasses to be recirculated many times over while the main exhaust is cut.

Guessing i'll be placing EGR blanking plates as well as disabling or removing the exhaust butterly parts!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I understand the differences in the setups per your pics. Only that per my ACTUAL photo i posted of the diaphragm, this exhaust butterfly is part of my emissions system, that functions via the solenoid also in photo. I thought it was plumbed directly inline with the the porting of EX gasses in the EGR system and could be disabled in lieu of blanking plates. Turns out this is just as bad and forces gasses to be recirculated many times over while the main exhaust is cut.

Guessing i'll be placing EGR blanking plates as well as disabling or removing the exhaust butterly parts!
    Up to you, but you will be wasting your time removing the exhaust butterfly parts on a CRD. Or A Di for the matter. Its a total intake removal job. And the benefits you may think you will gain by doing this, wont be so. Been there,done that...
    Blocking the EGR, as said, is a five minute job. If you've got time on your hands, go for it, might as well give the manifold a good clean out too while your there.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I just went out to grab some pics but can't see the damn thing, plus is well over 40C here so will try later.

I have the plates for both ends for blocking EGR off. Will do that first then. Keep hearing about inconsistent boost control thereafter and needing daws valve. And throwing engine codes to keep resetting?

The diaphragm I can see the vacuum lines going to is waaaaay down behind the block. Are you sure that will require the complete intake removed?123123.JPG

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to block off the EGR, but not sure where it is all located... yeah ok may seem a silly question to some... bit its driving me insane please help....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel77 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to block off the EGR, but not sure where it is all located... yeah ok may seem a silly question to some... bit its driving me insane please help....
    There's no silly questions just silly.. oh.. never mind. Head over and post an introduction. Then come back and read this thread from the start. If you've still got questions after that I'm sure some of these knowledgeable folk will help you out.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

Avo (23rd June 2019), rusty_nail (23rd June 2019)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ive gone through most of this thread. And i see majority use the plate to block the egr. So i did some searching around and i stumbled across this. Has anyone used this on a crd30 engine?? Ive got a 2010 dx patrol ute and i was wondering if it would be any good??

https://www.dieselsmart.shop/product...ull-egr-delete

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast