User Tag List

Thread: 4.8 on dual fuel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.8 on dual fuel

I'm going out today to look at getting my nephew into a 4.8 for his trip around this place towing a camper anything I have to look out for on these biggins I know fuel is big but the price to buy them is cheap and there more reliable than a old zd
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you can find one without LPG for the win.

They are a strong engine with heaps of power! Very heavy on fuel but as you say the price difference against a TD42 buys a lot of fuel.

I'd own one. Or an LS1 in a GU would do the lap with ease.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the gearbox for any slipping.
    Mines been on gas since 150k and no issues. So its done about 160k extra with the gas on. Most of that was towing up andd down the WA coast by the old bloke I bought it off. Check service history if you can. Ask when the last valve clearance check was done. If he doesnt know get it done asap.
    They are a pretty bulletproof motor. Not much to go wrong with them apart from the head issues some have had on gas.
    Could be a good idea to change out o2 sensors and cat as well.
    Its a big lazy motor with decent torque down low and doest take much to get a big van or trailer moving. Wont struggle with getting to hwy speeds either.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here