OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation of High watts LED LIGHT BAR ,anybody ever bought from this?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought mine from Soye Lighting http://www.gzsoye.com/ direct from China a few years ago, 46" Single row 40x10w cree's (400watt) I measured the current draw at 269 watts, but still it is farking bright!. Cost me $500 with shipping at the time and after 6 months I noticed a bit of moisture in the bar, so I removed the lens and resealed it all with silicone, its been moisture free ever since.

I find it is way too bright if you are within cooee of any road signs. Even on the country highways there are plenty of signs about. Off road it is awesome. The pics below are of it fitted to my Pajero, I've thought about swapping it to the patrol but I think I might try a set of Fyrlyts 9000 Nemsis spotties next time around, for a softer/less harsh light. I've also got a set of 195 watt each, led spotties, but the bar just blitzes them, they add a little infill but make very little difference when the bar is on.

The hotspot in the pic below was not really evident, its just the way the camera has handled it.

Last edited by stevemc181; 28th April 2017 at 06:08 PM.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie George View Post
    Where have my reply messages gone, I replied all those mates kind suggestions and posts in Reply or Reply with quote. Never seen any of my reply messages.
    @Cookie George, they are still here but are waiting for one of the slack ass moderators 2 approve it, which I have just done....

Your post went into moderation because the spam filter we use on members below 25 post moderates any post with the @ symbol or the text www
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics mate, I am wondering how to get the right size for Nissan Patrol Y61, Should I measure it first? Also, I am tossing up with how much watts I do need. Does it mean high watts is always a better choice for off-road.
    Cheers mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, then I should probably have posts up to 25 to get rid of this spam filter.lol
    Cheers mate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie George For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (28th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie George View Post
    G-day mate:
    It looks amazing on your baby, actually I am still a little confused on how much size and watts I should get for the Nassan Patrol Y61, Is there any knowledge about how to pick up the right size and power light bars for Patrol beginners. Cheers mate.
    Have a chat to @Lights by PM or give him a call.

I really went out on a wing. All I know is that with both light bars hooked up to the same switch, the intensity is like 2 days worth of sunlight and a full moon, combined. lol.

Mine got hooked up to the same independent switch, so that both come on at the same time, but from memory, the 37", 320 watt light has a 40amp fuse. Everything I've got in my ute is fused, independently. Next week, I'll post a pic with the full monty. I'm not even sure if I need a bit bigger alternator.

Any lighting above the bottom of the bonnet, in WA, is illegal. I'm about a piece of tissue paper below the legal limit - depending on the angle you look at it. lol.
    Last edited by DX grunt; 28th April 2017 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Coz I can. lol
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Have a chat to @Lights
    Any lighting above the bottom of the bonnet, in WA, is illegal. I'm about a piece of tissue paper below the legal limit - depending on the angle you look at it. lol.
    I've never been pinged in 3 years for mine on the roof even though I've been pulled over for RBT's/speeding etc, I think mine is more of a stealth mounting under the roofrack though and not sticking out like the proverbial. Stupid bloody rule, hope they change it at some stage.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I've never been pinged in 3 years for mine on the roof even though I've been pulled over for RBT's/speeding etc, I think mine is more of a stealth mounting under the roofrack though and not sticking out like the proverbial. Stupid bloody rule, hope they change it at some stage.
    @stevemc181

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media..._VS_IB_132.pdf

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I am familair with the linked document, and know the regs. Like I mentioned though, I've never had an issue with any copper and I've been pulled over a couple of times for speeding/RBT's etc. I think if you act like an ass and/or have a vehicle that is full of defects then they will add it to the list of fines they give you. I know plenty in WA with roof mounted lightbars, but don't know of anyone being fined or canaried for one. Hopefully sense will prevail when/if the states ever nut out VSB14 amongst themselves so we can have some uniformity in the rules between states.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I am familair with the linked document, and know the regs. Like I mentioned though, I've never had an issue with any copper and I've been pulled over a couple of times for speeding/RBT's etc. I think if you act like an ass and/or have a vehicle that is full of defects then they will add it to the list of fines they give you. I know plenty in WA with roof mounted lightbars, but don't know of anyone being fined or canaried for one. Hopefully sense will prevail when/if the states ever nut out VSB14 amongst themselves so we can have some uniformity in the rules between states.
    A fair few been pinged going through Gero

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12