Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HUD is anyone got one ?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dunno... the incessant radio chatter of ' Break left, Blue Leader, Rifle Rifle Rifle Missile away, Don't leave me Mav' would probably drive me nuts plus I don't have room for the Smart Bombs on the Ute Tray.

The cheap versions rely on a pad being stuck on the screen so risky if you put them near or in your line of sight and need replacement if you do a 'screen, the panel versions would prob be better but car dash and windscreen rake could be an issue I reckon.
    I spose one day soon they will do optically true patches in windscreens and HUD will be standard.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

dads tractor (8th May 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used a speedo app on my phone to work out how far out my speedo is at the speeds I normally travel at, now I just adjust my speed to suite and no longer need a speedo app or HUD.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

dads tractor (8th May 2017)

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok the last speedo for a 1999 td4.2t on Nissans books is in VIC they dont make them anymore ,price $650 plus .Right O stop sqealing there is a way out I bought a 2.8 lt diesel speedo for less than a hungie took the 4 screws out of the back prized the needle off removed the speedo face and swapped over . Now the tacho is right no change there , the odometer now works and wait for it the speedo is correct to 1 k for 286 75 r16 s ,the donor speedo was the same year .Happy days
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hema navigator I find is useful for speed info as is any navigator I suppose .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12