Thread: Paint Colours are a Mystery!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint Colours are a Mystery!

Hi All.
    So my 2015 GU is colour coded KYO G on the plate. Now I know that's "Platinum Silver" (or something) exterior and Beige interior... But ....
    How do I turn those into something that I can get in a touch-up pen? I know there's some websites for touch-up paint but they seem totally weird to me.

The exterior I'm less concerned with - there's eBay stuff for that which seems easy enough to source.

But it's the interior I want to deal with most. I'd really like 3 touch-up pens - the Beige, the Frosty Silver (on the door trims etc), and the black.
    I got a pillar pod in there (which didn't fit and need some cutting) and it scratched so easy trying to install it that it has black flecks on it that I'd like to fix.
    I also got some scratches on the silver especially after touring with stuff on the back seats and it moving around.

I've done heaps of searches here - but I don't feel any wiser on where and how to actually buy some pens!

Any advise gratefully accepted.
    2015 GU ST 3.0CRD Auto Wagon, 2" EFS Lift, 5 x Procomp 16s with MT ATZ P3s, TJM Outback Bar and 12000lb Winch, 80l Sub Tank, Redarc 40A DC-DC with Optima Battery and 180w Solar, ARB Compressor On-board, 3" EXHAUST, Rhino Pioneer Platform and Darche Awning, DIY Drawers to come!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I brought some touch up pens from the UK very good colour match for me
    Too far back to find the link but will have a search for you,,,,,,,,,,,lol

I used this on the horn pad and centre dash facia with great results
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 20th April 2017 at 10:58 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Boinzo (20th April 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply went to Nissan Spare Parts counter and ordered a small bottle of touch up paint. They asked for VIN and paint colour from memory. Took a couple of days to arrive, but all good. Also, a local paint shop mixed up some paint for me off the Nissan description and part number, but they were an automotive paint supplier shop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Boinzo (20th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Thanks dude. I'll give that go. Dunno why I didn't think of that though....

Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    I simply went to Nissan Spare Parts counter and ordered a small bottle of touch up paint. They asked for VIN and paint colour from memory. Took a couple of days to arrive, but all good. Also, a local paint shop mixed up some paint for me off the Nissan description and part number, but they were an automotive paint supplier shop.
    2015 GU ST 3.0CRD Auto Wagon, 2" EFS Lift, 5 x Procomp 16s with MT ATZ P3s, TJM Outback Bar and 12000lb Winch, 80l Sub Tank, Redarc 40A DC-DC with Optima Battery and 180w Solar, ARB Compressor On-board, 3" EXHAUST, Rhino Pioneer Platform and Darche Awning, DIY Drawers to come!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boinzo For This Useful Post:

shantillylais (29th July 2017)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boinzo I am just doing a pillar pod at the moment, and mine has to be cut also. Looks like mine has to go OVER the existing one, perfect fit that way, and also the pod doesn't have the attachment clips. My question, although not paint related, is how did you get the wires, boost "tube" and thermocouple lead down between the 2 "covers". Of course, that is assuming yours went over the existing one. Hoping I dont scratch mine when shaping ..... LOL. cheers Lana
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come