Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Air mattress options

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time for new mattresses fo me and the missus, our Dune 4wd seld inflators aren't too great any more, I reckon the foam has seen it's day, so now left with huge amounts of air down by our feet and body now touches the floor. Still just about work OK on stretchers but they're tired after 4 years...... Would have been nice if they had lasted longer but considering I bought then on sale for around $60-70 each, I'm not complaining....... Now to choose ...... Exped or blackwolf, thinking the blackwolf may be better on stretchers than the exped, and exped better in the floor......

Hey Darren, were those Denalis bonded?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Time for new mattresses fo me and the missus, our Dune 4wd seld inflators aren't too great any more, I reckon the foam has seen it's day, so now left with huge amounts of air down by our feet and body now touches the floor. Still just about work OK on stretchers but they're tired after 4 years...... Would have been nice if they had lasted longer but considering I bought then on sale for around $60-70 each, I'm not complaining....... Now to choose ...... Exped or blackwolf, thinking the blackwolf may be better on stretchers than the exped, and exped better in the floor......

Hey Darren, were those Denalis bonded?
    What does Bonded mean mate? As.in the inside bonded to the cover? I think so. They are nothing like the dune I replaced and much more like the black wolf. Great value
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,016 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Legend thanks Steve! At that price I can't refuse. Order placed.
    Always a risk of speaking too soon, but delivery service from Snowy's seems to be excellent. Just tracking my order so far:

Ordered 6 July at 11.40am, connote file lodged at 3.12pm, scanned into Toll Ipec depot (Adelaide) at 6.27pm.
    7 July - Scanned into Toll Ipec depot (Melbourne) at 8.23am.

Now just needs to get down to Geelong so I reckon I'll have it Monday. Happy with that if it all pans out.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Always a risk of speaking too soon, but delivery service from Snowy's seems to be excellent. Just tracking my order so far:

Ordered 6 July at 11.40am, connote file lodged at 3.12pm, scanned into Toll Ipec depot (Adelaide) at 6.27pm.
    7 July - Scanned into Toll Ipec depot (Melbourne) at 8.23am.

Now just needs to get down to Geelong so I reckon I'll have it Monday. Happy with that if it all pans out.
    Clearly NOT Australia Post..........
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    No they use Toll Ipec. Would be waiting until next year if it was Australia Post.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What does Bonded mean mate? As.in the inside bonded to the cover? I think so. They are nothing like the dune I replaced and much more like the black wolf. Great value
    Yeah mate, the foam is glued to the cover, will have to give them a looksy when we get home

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Exped arrived today! Got an SMS this morning saying it was loaded on the delivery vehicle and leaving Melbourne, then a phone call when it arrived at the depot I nominated to pick it up from. Included in the parcel was a personalised thank you note from Snowy's asking for feedback good or bad and a really comprehensive camping checklist document. Can't knock the price or service I received so Snowy's gets a big thumbs up from me.

Now to let it inflate for a couple of days and then try it out. Probably will do that before 2 days though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Clunk (11th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know what shits me ?! When we used to do a load of parcels/ envelopes etc for Aus Post - Melb to Syd we got 10hrs MAX - Melb - Bris we got 18hrs ( from memory) , yet now if I order something that gets delivered via Aus post it takes a week / weeks to go from Melb to Gippsland.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Winnie (11th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just taken a punt on 2 of these from Snowys - https://www.snowys.com.au/sim-camper...-inflating-mat will see how they are when they arrive next week.

As much as I would have liked to have got the Exped or Blackwolf, I really couldn't justify or afford to buy them at over $400 for 2

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got 2 epeds from tentworld in midland, about $380 for both i think from memory.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345