OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new favorite room, once its done. Lol.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,311 Times in 6,441 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My new favorite room, once its done. Lol.

I thought I'd just share one part of my new/ old house, that I'm going to enjoy once its done. The cellar and brewing room. Its 3.5 x 3.9m in size. It's under the house and is joined onto the the mancave/ rumpus which is 7.7 x 6.5m. But my own little room to hibernate in will be great. And its so cool under here when its hot upstairs and outside.

Pic 1. A shot from the other side of the Rumpus looking at the "to be" cellar. Its still a bit messy, we have finished unpacking yet.... My plan is to either make up a stud wall, heavily insulate it and plaster it, or brick it in, maybe even double brick it. As we have a large wood heater to go in the rumpus here too, so I want to keep the cellar cool.
    We also need to plaster the ceiling on the entire area too. Once I have worked out lighting.
    20170331_123403 (Medium).jpg

Pic 2. A shot looking right at my JD collection, plus other spirits below. Also my wine and my brew stash. Lol. I don't think I could ever give up the grog. Two things I enjoyed in life was the darts and the grog (within range), the darts are long gone so the grog will stay. Lol. Those timber shelves were already there so I though to make use of them. I think they actually suit quite well...
    If anyone has a JD collection and they want to sell/ swap bottles, let me know.
    20170331_123540 (Medium).jpg

Pic 3. Check this old Bottle out. My dad and me actually drank this. It was superb. A 1966 Yalumba Claret. The label only just came off in the last six months, and all intact too. Luckily. Where I grew up we had an old guy living next to us. I did not know this at the time, but he was a sales rep for Yalumba wines, and this guy did not drink. Go figure. Anyhow, when it was time for him to move to a nursing home he said to my dad to come into the garage and take what ever bottle he had. As he was going to throw them out. Well about 6 or so wheel barrows later my dad had taken and stashed as much as he could fit under the house. There was a mix or reds, or Claret as it was called, whites and Champaigns. Most was goats piss but this wasn't and my dad still has three unopened bottles. To which we discovered Yalumba are looking to buy as they are missing the bottles my dad has, for their own collection.
    20170331_123528 (Medium).jpg

Pic 4. Looking left and there another shelf to which I will use to brewing and wine making (not yet doing but want to in the future) I have a nice big old hardwood bench that was left here that I will sand back and stain to use here. I want to add a sink and more power outlets so I can run a small fridge for when I need to cold crash a brew prior to bottling. And setup a coupla kegs in one too. I have a beautiful American Pale Ale on the go right now too.
    That door you see, goes into the double garage....
    20170331_123448 (Medium).jpg
    Pic 5 and 6. Is of the old bench. This thing is farkin solid and real heavy. Me and a mate struggle to move it. My plan it to strip all the paint off and stain or varnish it?? Make it look rustic. The wood underneath is a beautiful red colour. The under shot doesn't really show it though....
    I'm not really sure on how I will actually get it in the cellar once its done though. I may have to pull it apart...
    20170331_123648 (Medium).jpg20170331_123657 (Medium).jpg

So all in good time this will eventually turn out and I'm really looking forward to doing it. I just need to do a few other things upstairs first, quite a few actually. Lol.
    Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by mudski; 31st March 2017 at 02:15 PM.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

04OFF (6th July 2017), 4bye4 (31st March 2017), AB (31st March 2017), Bacho86 (31st March 2017), Clunk (7th April 2017), GQtdauto (31st March 2017), growler2058 (6th April 2017), gubigfish (31st March 2017), jay see (31st March 2017), jff45 (2nd April 2017), katwoman (2nd April 2017), MB (1st April 2017), my third 256 (6th April 2017), NissanGQ4.2 (31st March 2017), threedogs (31st March 2017), Touses (31st March 2017), TPC (2nd April 2017), Wine_maker (6th April 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,422 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing better than a little spot of your own.
    Have you got a shed at the new place?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Nothing better than a little spot of your own.
    Have you got a shed at the new place?
    No shed mate. Theres the two car garage under the house, which the Patrol is too tall for. and a almost fallen down, probably, 2 1/2 carport, where the Patrol and the 7 x 5 trailer lives. Another thing on the to do list is remove the carport, concrete it and put a nice big shed there. So many things I want to do. Which is good though. I had finished the other place and was getting bored. Haha!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you have a drinking problem or not??
    I may have to come over and have a drink and give you
    my report lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

jay see (31st March 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Not sure if you have a drinking problem or not??
    I may have to come over and have a drink and give you
    my report lol
    I don't have a problem with my drinking! Lol. The only problem is I don't have enough. Haha!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How would I go about putting a sink down here? The plumbing is above. Getting a tap down there wont be an issue though. I assume there would be some sort of automated waste pump that I could use to pump it up to where it needs to go.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that you can pump shit up hill nowadays mudski, currently have wash no2 on the go , more Bourbon .
    First batch turned out close as to Jim beam so we upsized .IMG_7315.JPG

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    I think that you can pump shit up hill nowadays mudski, currently have wash no2 on the go , more Bourbon .
    First batch turned out close as to Jim beam so we upsized .IMG_7315.JPG
    Now thats a lotta drink. 23 litre of beer gets me around 60 stubbies. Which would last me maybe a month. That amount of spirit I really wouldn't know what to do with. I would like to make some and barrel it though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like beer brewing except for the start , 30 litres of wash doesn't give you 30 litres of hooch , under 5 litres distilled .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

mudski (31st March 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    It's not like beer brewing except for the start , 30 litres of wash doesn't give you 30 litres of hooch , under 5 litres distilled .
    Ah roger that! Once I'm setup this is on my list.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast