Thread: UHF CB Repeater Locations

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UHF CB Repeater Locations

UHF CB Repeater locations on Google Earth & waypoint files for Oziexplorer with channel information. Can`t guarantee if the repeaters are working or not.

KML files for Google Earth.

Australia - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...bECrouU5kIdqLV

NSW - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...OFToRnYQHMlQMy

Waypoint files for Oziexplorer

Australia - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...jUoelPppdXUTkk

NSW - https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...Cvsih1M8b0Oqrk
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

gubigfish (27th March 2017), threedogs (27th March 2017), TimE (27th March 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,342 Times in 3,164 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just spoke to Dad and he tried channel 4 at Mt Alexandra and confirmed it is off the air and has been for over 18 months. It used to be 8-38, but the local idiots used to stuff around so much, the rights were sold. It then went to channel 4, but the dills started to muck around and also made it unviable and it was shut down. I do know of a specific case where some people were involved in a serious crash near Harcourt and tried to seek help via the repeater, and some tool held the button down so they couldn't get through.
    Last edited by mudnut; 27th March 2017 at 03:07 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I just spoke to Dad and he tried channel 4 at Mt Alexandra and confirmed it is off the air and has been for over 18 months. It used to be 8-38, but the local idiots used to stuff around so much, the rights were sold. It then went to channel 4, but the dills started to muck around and also made it unviable and it was shut down. I do know of a specific case where some people were involved in a serious crash near Harcourt and tried to seek help via the repeater, and some tool held the button down so they couldn't get through.
    Hard to confirm which repeaters are active, have been trying to come up with a list but its doing my head in. Can't` seem to nail down all the info in one place. ACMA database has all the current sites listed but not the channel numbers, other websites with channel numbers but seem to be out of date or not current.

The problem with the CB system is that any kn*b can us it & no one is accountable as you do not know who they are. Had a few run ins in the past, mainly with people who seem to think they "own" a certain channel.

Rarely use CB anymore because of the interference others cause. Couple of the guys I go away on trips with are licensed Amateur Radio operators, we use our own frequencies but I usually monitor a couple of CB channels when out on the tracks, helps to know if others are in the same area.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

mudnut (28th March 2017), threedogs (28th March 2017)