Thread: Facet fuel pump

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facet fuel pump

G'day guys just a quick one when running a facet pauper instead of mechanical pump to Carby doesn't the facet pump have to run constantly or do I have it so it pumps up and shuts off after starting or if both wrong could someone one tell me the correct way
    Cheers guys happy patrol'n

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB42?
    Dual fuel?

What's wrong with the mechanical pump?

Why do you need an electrical facet pump?

Running the petrol pump constantly when the vehicle is running on LPG helps with switching to petrol quickly while driving on the road, since the constantly running pump primes the carby quickly since the petrol is getting pumped constantly upto the point of petrol cut off solenoid next to the carby.

I guess with a mechanical pump, it happens anyway. With an electrical petrol pump(facet or intank), it obviously need to be wired up correctly to be able to run all the time(regardless of running on petrol or LPG). That's done by fuel selector switch being wired with petrol cut off solenoid near the carby(not the petrol pump itself).

In my case, I wired it(fuel selector switch) with the petrol pump, 'cos I usually don't have the need to switch to petrol from LPG on the road quickly. I wired up a priming push button switch on the dash to prime the carby by running the petrol pump for few seconds when I need to start the vehicle or petrol or when I need to switch to petrol from LPG.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach