Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tracks from Marrinup State Forest to Nanga Road

Hi All,

Hoping some of the WA members may have been through here, closest town is Dwellingup.

Does anyone know of any tracks through Marrinup State Forrest that would bring you out on Nanga Road primarily avoiding bitumen? Hema Explorer isn't indicating so but google maps satellite is showing some although maybe private property.

Cheers
    Fish
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to go there 20y ago, I know that things have changed, especially since CALM has taken over the Nanga campsites.
    I'd be very interested to hear from someone who has been recently if there are still "wild" campsites in the area.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Short answer is, No, not that will traverse from say Scarp Road to Nanga road.
    There are a couple of access tracks to the Bibbulmun and a couple of gravel roads etc between Vandals and Nanga near Dwelly but they are/were gated at the Lane Poole boundary

Long answer is most of them such as Murray Valley Cct, Vandals Road etc are gated off at various points but you can still drive maybe 50% of the fire trails... but... I haven't been there for about 3 years altho one of my boys was there last year and the bits he did (western part near Scarp) hadn't changed. Eastern part near Vandals has been closed off

If you are after a nice track then following the fence line on the Forest side from just past the Rangers House at Scarp Pool until it meets back up with Scarp Road is OK

AFAIK no 'legal' campsites/camping on the CALM/DEC parts Scarp Pool to Dwelly, then you hit Lane Poole so you have to go much further south.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 7th May 2017 at 12:15 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

gubigfish (8th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We camped on the Fireline track and the rangers were NOT happy with us.
    We tried to explain that we hadn't camped (no fire) and were just waiting for the light to take photos.
    Several good places to NOT camp along the track to Quindanning.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mc4by For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (8th May 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went on the Captain Fawcett track.

105km from Dwellingup to Quindanning, through great Jarrah forest, following the Murray river.
    There are some deep ruts that after heavy rains will turn it into a difficult track.
    As usual, you are not allowed to camp on any of the several nice spot where you could.
    The fault lies mainly with those morons that leave rubbish, toilet paper and excrements behind as well as cut down trees and shrubs to make more space and a fire.
    We collected two big bags of rubbish from one of such sites.
    Of course did not camp, but would have loved to.