Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventure Kings GPS HD Dashcam

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's horses for courses, they saw a gap in a growing market , their business model obviously works , warehouse style shop selling / online , no fancy show rooms or packaging , product quality may be inferior in some
    instances . Like anything there could be issues / faults , but considering the volume sold , the % could well be less than the major brands .
    I personally have a mix of gear from majors or them .
    Arb bar
    Warn winch
    Tjm rack

All quality for major components
    As for bolt on stuff
    Kings rear awning , can't fault it at $70 ( got a iron man side awning , cheapest at time of purchase.
    Compressor $99 , been pumping up 8 tyres every month for a couple of years now
    Action camera $40 , good enough for me ,
    Just my thoughts 😉

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gaddy; 1st September 2017 at 09:19 AM.
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 8 months of use the Dashcam is still working. GPS is still sh*t. Found another downside, NO inbuilt battery so have to reset the date & time & other settings if not used for a few weeks.

I know that the Dashcam is a copy of another model. The real one has an inbuilt battery, dual card slots, inbuilt DVR & the GPS probably works. They sell for around 3 times the price. Get what you pay for I suppose. Have bought an Action Cam off them 6 months ago, similar to a GoPro. Not bad for a $40 camera, video quality is OK, not as good as they claim it is on their ad. Will do for out of vehicle recording & for the money not too concerned about it getting damaged or lost.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only real problem with the supercentre is if you have a problem trying to contact them , their customer service is second only to Telstra .
    Yes the do have some crappy stuff but if you read the various forums or google problems with the product you want you can at least decide wether or not to go cheap or big brand , their Draws are a good example , loose bolts etc just means checking them all before installing and the side wings for the GQ wouldn't clip in .
    Just a case of undoing two screws and moving the clips about 10mm towards the back , seen many that cracked the shits and sent draws back over this problem but so easy to fix .
    The first side awning I had from them was a bit shit but the latest bigger one is much better in construction and easier to setup .
    The double thumper air compressor for the price is streets ahead of any competitor .
    Saving a few bucks here gives you more spend for importatant stuff .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12