Thread: Hema HX1 Navigator.

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Long Boot up times - usually due to you turning off the device and moving to a different location then turning it back on so it becomes a "cold boot" usually 5 mins give or take and common to almost all PND's... especially if you keep moving during the cold boot
    Warm boot of 1 to 2 minutes is because the device remembers its last fix and when the device gets an initial lock and LDOP at/very near the same place it was last turned off so is happy to go with it and fine tune the LDOP later.
    Hot Boot of 30 seconds or so is when the PND comes out of sleep or standby modes so is happily tracking the birds and knows where it is.

Speed Cams - not really worth a pinch of poo as the data file relies on user feedback and often take up to 24 months to update new ones and nobody ever tells them if old ones are gone so lots of artifacts.

Speed limits - relies on base data from Navteq/Whereis and again can take ages to have bugs fixed or changes updated BUT I have found them to be very good overall esp for school zones

Street Nav - Up until I last paid attention Hema use IGo so easiest thing if you are unhappy is to backup the installed one and update to the latest IGo NOTE the more 3D buildings etc you have running the slower the device.

Offroad Nav - Used to be an OziE lite software... they must have changed it eh?

Battery times - WiFi is a killer as you found out.
    Purely as a point of interest the GPS trackers I use that log continuosly and report twice daily via Iridium last for 18 months on 4 AA's
    This illustrates the extremely low power needed for the GPS side to continuously operate.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 26th August 2018 at 08:00 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.