OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Fuel Sub Tank Warning Light - Nissan warranty good will ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel Sub Tank Warning Light - Nissan warranty good will ?

I have a 2013 GU Nissan Patrol that has done only 35,000km. A few months ago the sub tank warning light illuminated and I was unable to pump from the sub tank. It is obviously outside the new car warranty. The car has not had much use. To date, I have:

1) Contacted Nissan directly. They said they might entertain a good will repair however I needed to go to the local dealership and let them liaise with Nissan. Fair enough.

2) I took the Patrol to my local dealership. They were unable to diagnose the fault but the alarm / fault was reset when they disconnected that battery anyway. They asked to keep using it and said that they probably wouldn't be able to diagnose it until it tripped again. They said keep using it and bring it back if it happens again.

3) I got about 6 weeks out it. The light came on again (and the sub tank disabled again along with it).

4) I took it back to the dealership. They looked it (probably connected it up to the diagnosis computer) and contacted Nissan. They now want me to pay $660 to have both sender units removed and examined with no guarantee it will be fixed or there won't be additional part costs.

So much for good will. I have read the historical posts on this issues and attempt to rectify the problem with the suggested earth terminal cleanup / additional strap. But just thought I would share my experience with Nissan owners / prospective owners so they can make informed decisions about their future car purchases.

If the earth terminal fails I will be enquiring re the statutory warranty claiming process.
    2013 GU9 Patrol Value Pack (stock)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I feel for you. Having experienced Nissan's warranty ( a contradiction in terms ) or lack of it on my 2014 Patrol, I'm not surprised that their "good will repair offer" was no better. Take it to a good auto- sparky to check it out before going any further. I don't trust Nissan, but that's only my view & opinion.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do both fuel gauges work correctly? When does the light come on? When you are trying to transfer fuel? Or anytime?

Do you have a turbo shut down timer fitted?

Run the new earth strap between the body and chassis.