Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting to an ex Telstra POD

Hi all,

as some of you may have noticed I put a post up the other day looking for a solution to protruding tyres on a newly installed Obieco ex-Telstra body and there were some great ideas and feedback given which made me want to go back to the beginning to share some photos for anyone looking to do the same. My 12/2006 TD42Ti ST ute started with a steel tray/timber floor/ally canopy with timber draws etc. that all combined brought the total weight of the ute to a not insignificant 3.9T, and this is on a coil sprung ute (can anyone see the problem here?). So the desicion was made to change to the Obieco unit given their light weight and great blank canvas (plus my father has had 5 of them while working for telstra). More pics of other things I have completed on this vehicle, the build up frome here and my other GQ TD42Ti will be shown in other threads, this is purely for the canopy.

Here is where it all began
    2017-03-02 06.56.23.jpg
    2017-03-02 06.57.22.jpg
    2017-03-02 06.57.49.jpg

The removal of the old tray (once stripped out) was increadibly easy, just a block and tackle to hold the front off the chassis and 3 blokes at the rear to lift as I drove out from underneath
    2017-03-02 06.58.38.jpg
    (Limit of post)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jono82 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (2nd March 2017)