Threaded View

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 775 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was speaking briefly with a guy who is selling a lot of 2nd hand XT Lites on eBay. He said that the voice quality of the Thuraya is very good. He said that the Satellite is based 35,000 ks above Sumatra, so the further north we go the better and easier the coverage. He also said that you could get signal in the high country if you were to stand on top of a hill or ridge. I must admit I'm not too worried about the high country as it's a popular and busy place, plus, last time I stayed at Talbotville I listened to online music on my Galaxy S6.

Here's a link to a very useful thread on Whirlpool that I read - https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru....cfm?t=2221946

I'm happy to carry 2 phones, 1 normal mobile and the other a sat phone. I don't like the idea of swapping SIMs and I don't really understand it I must admit, I guess folks do it so they only carry one phone when away?????

I think from memory that the XT Lite allows you to text your GPS co-ords. This is a great idea. Personally I'd use this to show people where I am so they can follow me on a map. Which leads me to ask, does anyone know of a web site that you can wander up to, throw in some GPS co-ords and it brings up a display of where you are? Does Google Earth allow you to do that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (27th February 2017)