User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putting a gu rd28ti into a high roof lwb

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just my opinion but it seems like a waste of time you'd be better off to put a TD4.2 in there. Most people take the 2.8 out and replace it with a TD4.2.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gubigfish For This Useful Post:

mudnut (2nd March 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    This is just my opinion but it seems like a waste of time you'd be better off to put a TD4.2 in there. Most people take the 2.8 out and replace it with a TD4.2.
    If i had a td42t id be putting it in but whilst this one was free and i have a few spare bodys laying around i thought id try plus if set up right it might make a good long distance tourer in a light body small capacity engine with the right gearing and tire size. Just doing what i can with what i got really

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, but it is a big process to engage in. I have seen an RD28 in action. On the whole it will do what you want, but at its own pace and towing capacity is limited. It is basically an RB30 block, set up as a diesel. They run a lighter gearbox than the TB and TD. If You had a body that was set up for an RB or RD then it would be a cost saving excercise.
    Maybe you can trade a body for one that is RD or RB already, or the engine and gearbox for a good TD engine and gearbox?
    Last edited by mudnut; 2nd March 2017 at 01:11 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Fair enough, but it is a big process to engage in. I have seen an RD28 in action. On the whole it will do what you want, but at its own pace and towing capacity is limited. It is basically an RB30 block, set up as a diesel. They run a lighter gearbox than the TB and TD. If You had a body that was set up for an RB or RD then it would be a cost saving excercise.
    Maybe you can trade a body or the engine and gearbox for a good TD and gearbox?
    Yeap got gearbox 2 and transfer want to put it in a swb for my daughter dont think they made an rb or rd swb so its gonna be a big process ! This motors the turbo one so i wanna push it to the limits of reliably running with biggrr turbo

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12