Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight Loss Fund Raiser CHAT THREAD

Howdy

Well, Easter is over and winter is on the way - no major holidays now till Christmas (damn it!!). Soooooo ... if anyone is interested, I am thinking or organising a 'weight loss for charity' group. Essentially, I am starting to resemble Fat B@stard from Austin Powers more than I would like, having put on about 28 kilos in the last few years since stopping professional sport (not to mention the shape transformation!!).

Here's the plan .. I am going for at least 25 kilos of weight loss over the coming 5-6 months .. more than achievable. If anyone is willing to throw up their weight with me and join in, I figured we could sponsor ourselves, as well as encourage/request sponsorship from other members and a certain amount for every kilo shed amongst the group goes to a charity of choice - that is, if we say even $0.50 per kilo lost and as a group we collectively lose 100 kilos, we send $50 (which is across all sponsoring, not each) to a charity on behalf of NissanPatrol.com.au - and being we seem to all get behind each others ventures fairly well, the encouragement from the group will help all those wanting to shed a few kilos stay on track.

Thoughts?? I'm doing it anyway, but just thought it might be a good thing across the members to do something worthwhile for ourselves and someone else at the same time. Personally I'm a fan of children's charities that focus on assisting with illness, but open to suggestion (but no, not the 'save East Timor fund' I'm afraid!! lol).
    Last edited by YNOT; 3rd May 2011 at 09:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Western Patrol Club is trying to organize another "Convoy for Sids and Kids" so maybe that can be the charity,

http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/i...p?topic=4958.0
    Western Patrol Club member

GQ with 5.7 Gen 111 V8, Dual ARB airlockers, 33" Coopers, 9000lb Premier winch, Black Widow draws

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gec View Post
    The Western Patrol Club is trying to organize another "Convoy for Sids and Kids" so maybe that can be the charity,

http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/i...p?topic=4958.0
    That'd be perfect!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wifey keeps tellin me to go on fat loosers soooooooo spose why not have a crack. Put 25kg on in the 5yrs since gave up the smokes, now not on the tools the verandah over the tool shed aint gunna get any smaller by itself. I'll give it a go, goin on holidays for a month in june when i normally sloth around on a Thai beach drinkin but i could probably go for a stroll on said beach (whilst slurpin a cocktail) OK talked myself into it I'm in.

Happy with the majority for charity. Normally i only dontae to the salvos but will go with the flow

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    Wifey keeps tellin me to go on fat loosers soooooooo spose why not have a crack. Put 25kg on in the 5yrs since gave up the smokes, now not on the tools the verandah over the tool shed aint gunna get any smaller by itself. I'll give it a go, goin on holidays for a month in june when i normally sloth around on a Thai beach drinkin but i could probably go for a stroll on said beach (whilst slurpin a cocktail) OK talked myself into it I'm in.

Happy with the majority for charity. Normally i only dontae to the salvos but will go with the flow
    On ya champion!! Figure we'll start the "official" weigh in as of Monday morning coming. Obviously have to use the same set of scales throughout as they give different weights (more so I keep myself honest!! LOL). Thinking weekly weigh ins and post the results each Monday - some weeks will be good, some not so good I figure but overall the goal remains the same. Maybe do a charity payment at three months and again at six months for those who aren't as obsessive compulsive as myself!!

I'll need to go get a new set of scales - broke the last ones!! Thinking of getting those talking ones that provide encouraging comments like "whoah!! One leg at a time please!!" and, "only one person allowed on scales at the same time!!" ... lmfao

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    On ya champion!! Figure we'll start the "official" weigh in as of Monday morning coming. Obviously have to use the same set of scales throughout as they give different weights (more so I keep myself honest!! LOL). Thinking weekly weigh ins and post the results each Monday - some weeks will be good, some not so good I figure but overall the goal remains the same. Maybe do a charity payment at three months and again at six months for those who aren't as obsessive compulsive as myself!!

I'll need to go get a new set of scales - broke the last ones!! Thinking of getting those talking ones that provide encouraging comments like "whoah!! One leg at a time please!!" and, "only one person allowed on scales at the same time!!" ... lmfao
    OK your on i'll get the family on board over the next coupla days, we lookin at 50c a kilo?

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love to help out, but my weight on a public forum ? Not likely.. Besides I had lapband surgery 5 years ago, and that would be classed as cheating. So I'll 'sponsor one of you guys..
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    seems I've had bit of a head start on you guys already................. 7 kg in 5 days but unfortunately wasn't on purpose, I'll probably join in to lose the other 15 kg I could do with losing when I fit n well again.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    seems I've had bit of a head start on you guys already................. 7 kg in 5 days but unfortunately wasn't on purpose, I'll probably join in to lose the other 15 kg I could do with losing when I fit n well again.
    Are you sick? You poor little man. There, there... Suck it up !!
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katwoman View Post
    Are you sick? You poor little man. There, there... Suck it up !!
    Oh thanks , oh Kind hearted one roflmao................ I can tell you missed me really hahahaha

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast