OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Help! Buying a second hand family wagon.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the VW Passat. I bought an 08 model, probably six months ago for a bit under your budget. All the luxuries, 2L turbo diesel has plenty of poke and gets 4.6L/100km on the open road, averages just under 6L/100km on mixed driving. Much roomier inside than they may originally look. 6 speed auto is a good box if serviced regularly, stay away from the later 7 speed. It's the most comfortable car I've ever owned, and is so much nicer to drive, even spirited driving around corners than my XR6T ever was.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Throbbinhood For This Useful Post:

mudnut (16th February 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will have a look but not keen on another engine that uses a timing belt. Apparently a lot of the VWs from that era chew a lot of engine oil. Have you found that with yours?
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope mine's been fine so far. 8,000kms since last service, haven't had to top it up as it's still sitting at the high mark.

For reference, ours had just under 120k kms, full service history through dealer, leather, heated seats, dynaudio, few other bits and bobs, front and rear parking sensors are mint. Paid around 11500 from memory from a dealer. It's the missus daily, I do close to 1k kms a week so pointless putting that on a new car, I've got an old shitter astra for that. A full tank lasts her over a month. Have never gotten less than 1000kms from a tank. On long highway trips get a bit over 1200km's, and I'm generally pretty spirited.

The only thing I wished I'd gotten was the satnav, but can get an android based player to suit cheap enough at some stage. Can also get factory floor lighting, under door lighting etc, kits on ebay if it wasn't optioned from factory.

If you are ever around Pakky and want to take a look, sing out and we'll tee something up.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No worries. It may happen as I will have to go to the Burbs to look at some cars. I got the EB 4.0 dynotuned today. It got 93 kw on gas and 95 kw on petrol.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456