Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Leave it as is and don't fit one

................on the road

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good guy's it's a case of different systems for different vehicles and engine systems
    If it is not doing anything other than bringing the light on all good and I would not bother with it and just drive on
    Drilling a hole in the plate is no big deal but there are diesel engine's out there where there is no other way around it but to drill a small hole so the engine system can see boost drop, and a increase in inlet temp.
    In this case I would just leave it and run with the boost control, see how you go and good luck hope it can work and fix your problem

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the answers everyone will be defiantly investing in manual boost controller then.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, Have a 2012 3.0 CRD - bought blanking plate (no hole) off eBay and fitted last weekend.

Slightly difference experience to some on this thread. Fitting was pretty straightforward - removed intercooler to get better access (surprised at amount of oily residue in it!). Despite suggestions that I could simply loosen a couple of screws and slide blank plate in, I had to remove 2-off mounting screws from the EGR unit too, so that there was enough movement/separation to get the blanking plate in. Also had to completely remove the 2 outlet screws before I could slide plate in - there was no way I could slide the plate in without doing this due to access restriction... even with slotted cutouts on the screw holes.

Still only took about an hour despite my novice mechanic skills. Happy with the slight low end performance improvement - most noticeably the fuel economy readings on Scangauge - 15-20% better... Can that be right?! Though economy was shockingly bad before. No fault codes yet either.

Will see how it goes towing - that's what prompted me to do it. Was getting 18-20lhk ave towing a 1.5tonne camper... 12-15lkh without!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12