Hybrid View

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post morgan quarry

am hittin up morgan quarry tomorrow with a mate, ill be takin the troll and hes gonna be in a 80 series. the troll is still stock re height so will be interesting to see how it goes. hope it rains!!!!

only one concern, i heard from people that they were blocking it off to the public?? anyone know if this is true?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twiggsy View Post
    am hittin up morgan quarry tomorrow with a mate, ill be takin the troll and hes gonna be in a 80 series. the troll is still stock re height so will be interesting to see how it goes. hope it rains!!!!

only one concern, i heard from people that they were blocking it off to the public?? anyone know if this is true?
    Mate heard it was gunna be fenced off by Easter....dunno for sure but would prob pay to google search and see. Otherwise Loveday's open

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, used to own an ml triton and took it to loveday. had a ball. wanna take the troll there but thought if i didnt have to spend the cash i wouldnt and would just go to morgan but will see.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just so the forum is aware, especially the sa boys, my mate who was coming up with me has found on another forum a post from someone who went up there anzac day. he sated that they have closed it all off so growlers your right, it is closed off. what a crock, a good place to 4x4 has been taken away from us.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twiggsy View Post
    just so the forum is aware, especially the sa boys, my mate who was coming up with me has found on another forum a post from someone who went up there anzac day. he sated that they have closed it all off so growlers your right, it is closed off. what a crock, a good place to 4x4 has been taken away from us.
    Yep bummer apparently some nob went in there with a dune buggy and f!@#$d up and turned around and is trying to sue the council thus the outcome..................D1ckh3ad stuffed it for everyone

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is always one, what a w@#$er. u know of any other good spots besides loveday, like i said i been there before and loved it but u need to book and im only off till friday then i go back onto nights.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Border track is the only other decent public place i can think of, but thats quite a hike for you, Flinders another big trip, You wont need to book loveday you can go any time just give Tony a buzz if the school hols are over you should get a good pick of camps or roll your swag out up by the tavern. There is also Scorpion park just at the start of the border track but havent looked into that just yet saw it on the weekend they had atv trials there. Definately lacking good wheelin spots close to Adelaide. We drove the complete length of the track in a day woulda been good to be there another couple so could check out the big desert N.P is 130km nothin extreme a coupla big mud holes near the end and the dunes were moist so not the most challenging but ok the camp sites are good tho

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah am definitely keen to go to the border track and would wanna go overnight, my 4yr old girl loves going in the troll so the wife and girl would be comin, she is great for such a little one she is right into camping and 4x4ing. my mate has done the border track before so he would bring is 80 series along. i have been lookin at big/little desert aswell so maybe a couple of nights would be on the cards.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got from glenelg to Pinaroo in 2 1/2 hrs then stopped at the first campsite in ngarat park (pines) i think. Then the next day 8hrs later we were home with an hour delay in Bordertown gettin another battery for mates 100 series. Had 14mth old that didnt sleep on Sat night bumma but the camping itself under the stars was worth it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you join a 4wd club that is an affiliate member of 4WDSA Association the club can get permission to use the old quarry. There's a few guidelines to follow but nothing that stops you having fun!

I live only a few kays from the Border Track too so contact me if you want to know anything about the track or surrounding area's eg Ngarkat, Little Desert etc