Thread: Engine getting hot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle_au View Post
    If you want to monitor and log ECU, I have a 2002 Elgrand with ZD30 (non CRD ) so has OBD2 plug but Consult protocol. Bought a bluetooth consult scanner with OBD adapter from buyobd http://www.buyobd.com/index.php?main...&products_id=2
    Cost about $65 and took about a week to arrive. I use NDS1 on my 8 inch tablet which I have mounted above the dash. Run it it dash mode (when not using google maps) and display about 12 items continuously. Or switch to data mode and record a log to look back on later.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    I've got the same but the problem I've found is because the plug hangs out a long way I can't leave it in as otherwise I hit it with my leg
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucus30 View Post
    I've got the same but the problem I've found is because the plug hangs out a long way I can't leave it in as otherwise I hit it with my leg
    I have an auto and it would hang infront of brake pedel so I got some velcro patches and it now sits under dash with just enough slack to unplug when I need to reset. Added bonus is it also stops the small adater plug from coming out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle_au View Post
    I have an auto and it would hang infront of brake pedel so I got some velcro patches and it now sits under dash with just enough slack to unplug when I need to reset. Added bonus is it also stops the small adater plug from coming out.

As in you moved your obd port ? I might have to do the same in the case

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    @mudski

He has been doing it past few months testing the best amount of fluid to use for best results.

Sent from S5
    Yep.
    Started at 1 1/2 bottles. Did FA. Then went to 2 1/2, the fan was fully locked the entire time. But my temps were 15c lower. I couldn't handle the power loss, and noise, I went 2 bottles. Better than 1 1/2 but still could be better i thought. So out it all came again and now I have 2 1/4 bottles in the hub.
    I have found this to be pretty much the sweet spot for my setup. The temps still move a lot, but it drops so much quicker now. After doing 1700ks with a camper in tow for most of it, my temps never got over 100c, where as last time I did the same trip, I was seeing 115c on the odd occasion.
    I do however have a copper rad from UFI and the G35 infinity fan on it too. I am now thinking of putting the OEM rad back in just to see if theres any difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123