Thread: GU Wagon GVM Upgrade

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Interesting. This may be worth pursuing if they are stuffing you around for paperwork anyway, get them to make the notation about the 33s as the compliant tyre size. My reckoning is that if the vehicle has had a GVM upgrade engineered pre delivery to run 33s then that's the New Tyre Placcard and you could legally run 35s as its within 2" of "standard"

Id be all over that if that's the spin!
    Youve sorta missed it there daz.
    On mine they have stated a size to comply with the gvm upgrade.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Youve sorta missed it there daz.
    On mine they have stated a size to comply with the gvm upgrade.
    But surely that becomes the new placcarded tyre size for the vehicle?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Na, its only a minimum.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what is holding things up is that the Pedders Upgrade is for a 5 seater. They don't actually do the conversion to a 5 seater is what I gather, but expect the vehicle to already be a 5 seater? So the dealer is now doing the running around and getting it re-tared etc, I'm not sure who needs to sign off on the 5 seater paperwork, but assuming an engineer somewhere needs to scrawl his name on it and then run it over the pits again. Bloody bureaucratic bullshit, when you're trying to do the right thing and keep it all legal. 3 weeks and counting ffs!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (28th January 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I think what is holding things up is that the Pedders Upgrade is for a 5 seater. They don't actually do the conversion to a 5 seater is what I gather, but expect the vehicle to already be a 5 seater? So the dealer is now doing the running around and getting it re-tared etc, I'm not sure who needs to sign off on the 5 seater paperwork, but assuming an engineer somewhere needs to scrawl his name on it and then run it over the pits again. Bloody bureaucratic bullshit, when you're trying to do the right thing and keep it all legal. 3 weeks and counting ffs!
    Ok. Not sure if this is of any help or not.
    My Patrol had a gvm of 3000kg. I took it in for an engineers for the 4inch lift. They actually did the entire car. Everything. Including engineering the Patrol as a five seater, because i had removed the rear seats and belts. Plus the new and heavier motor, my gvm.is now 3200kg.
    Now from my understanding, an actual gvm upgrade to something higher requires diff bracing etc etc.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

stevemc181 (28th January 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Ok. Not sure if this is of any help or not.
    My Patrol had a gvm of 3000kg. I took it in for an engineers for the 4inch lift. They actually did the entire car. Everything. Including engineering the Patrol as a five seater, because i had removed the rear seats and belts. Plus the new and heavier motor, my gvm.is now 3200kg.
    Now from my understanding, an actual gvm upgrade to something higher requires diff bracing etc etc.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
    Not sure whats happening, never heard back from the dealers this afternoon. Last they told me was it was just a paperwork issue regarding the seating capacity and they had to get a new tare weight certificate. I'll find out more tomorrow hopefully and just need to play the waiting game, which I'm not good at

The GVM upgrade to 3505kg included diff and coil tower braces, so its all good there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

mudski (27th January 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea i was also told to get the 3500gvm it had to be taken back to a 5 seater.
    Unsure why??
    Mine was done new as a 5 seater and outback draws in place.
    Yes braced diff mark so the axle is now compliant.
    Id say it is a simple engineering scribble thats needed..

Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

stevemc181 (28th January 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,748 Times in 2,688 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will let you know soon regards the limit for diff bracing as I am stuffing around , still, trying to get my gum upgrade at 3300, and should have an indication Monday or Tuesday if it's going to go thru. What I am expecting is the Dobinson's coils will be rejected and I will be forced to shell out for something different, and not necessarily the pedlars or lovells system, totally confusing and lacking in consistency and logic. Diff bracing has not been in the mix for 3300, but certainly Spring tower stiffeners, which I have had for years................ Sorry got message from site saying message too short, so saving having to re type I am adding this crap on the end

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Yea i was also told to get the 3500gvm it had to be taken back to a 5 seater.
    Unsure why??
    Mine was done new as a 5 seater and outback draws in place.
    Yes braced diff mark so the axle is now compliant.
    Id say it is a simple engineering scribble thats needed..

Mine was also dropped back from 7 to 5, and reason given was it gives you an additional 180kg of capacity for the calculation, as each seat is rated at 90kg. To be honest, the 3300 I am chasing is marginal with all the junk I lug around, but its a lot closer than 2800 on the original nameplate. I have the 3300 upgrade on the WA nameplate, just trying to get it ratified in Vic.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 29th January 2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: cant count and type at same time

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th January 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I had a chat to the Pedders guy this morning and he sent the pic below, which is the label they affix regarding increased axle limits and tyre load index. No additional size info is required.

I note on the label it states 110R, the Mickey T's will be 121Q, so a higher load rating but lower speed rating. WA has fallen into line with VSB14 for vehicle standards, which states for an offroad vehicle a speed rating of N or higher is sufficient. This falls within those guidelines, so I am satisfied the 33's and 121Q rating is all legal.

Stevec,

do you know what the actual front and rear spring rates are in lb/inch for your installation? I am trying to build a case for my suspension ratification in Victoria.

thanks is advance,
    Phil

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast