Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nissan Dash / Unsatisfactory quality

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Interestingly enough I got mine replaced in 2012 by the dealer as I said i wpuldn't buy it as it was. That was after the 6 year cut off so either the dealer paid or they organised it for the sale. point being they would do the work to make a sale but probably not too interested in fixing old claims that don't bring any income. When you look at the way they have dropped the diesel and the Y61, even though people in Aus would still buy them, it is an indication of the lack of importance they attach to the Aus market. If you apply the same importance to a few (trouble makers) disgruntled customers in Australia, who cares as it is not going to affect them much in the percentage sales in the world market. In other words if even 1000 people don't buy Nissan any more because of poor service, that is nothing in the world sales so who cares. Just my opinion, but it is based on my experience on equipment I work on daily.
    Absolutely right. And I know all manufacturers try and wiggle out of fixing their older product, especially if its out of warranty (or sometimes within), but I think Nissan just dont care that much about this market. They just sell some excess product here and they have given up on increasing sales numbers. Middle East, North America and European markets are the ones they are interested in. Don't get me wrong, the Patrol is a great product in many respects, but I cant help feeling that most of that development came from before 2000 when they were still independent of Renault. Since then most of the changes/upgrades to the Patrol have not been of the highest standard. Just the bare minimum to get by.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (4th January 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I was "lucky" I only had a couple of dimples but had it replaced it time. I have seen a few of the bad ones and can't believe Nissan is not owning it. I have never seen another car ever do it. Clearly a fault. If you have a really bad one maybe A Current Affair would like to see a bad one...... Clearly Nissan Acknowledges the problem and fixed a few, if
    You were not using Nissan Service Department for your servicing you missed out though! Disgrace!

This is how bad mine is ... Driver's side is the worst. Original owner from Adelaide had a go at getting it replaced back in 2008. Got refused as car was out of warranty. I have all the documents since day 1 of vehicles life including the receipt where it says "Inspect unsatisfactory dash".

2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Sorry I thought they did recall it ? Vehicles up to 6 years of age from memory.
    No there was no recall because they said it was not a safety issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    No there was no recall because they said it was not a safety issue.
    Nissan managed this problem under the guise of a Service Campaign. If you did not use the Dealer Network for your servicing you did not stand a chance.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys

My 2006 Patrol developed the wrinkled dash a year or so after i brought it and i thought it might have been caused by the extreme heat of living in the northwest of WA at that time (ave summer temp around 38c) and thought sh##t happens and that was that.
    Then later when we moved down to Geraldton in the Midwest my wife went into town to do some shopping and i told her to drop into the local Nissan Agent for a black plastic insert for the inner wheel arch that i had lost and the spare parts guy actual came out to the car park to show her where it went and must have felt sorry for her and ended up fitting it for free.So next time i was in town i stopped by the Nissan dealer to thank him for helping out blah blah and his parting comment as i was leaving was "is there anything else we can help you with" and i laughed and said "not unless you can give me a new dash as mine has melted".
    Then to my surprise he asked if he could come outside and have a look and informed me of the recall on dashboards for that issue, he then checked the vin number etc etc and we went back inside and checked his computer and told me that the recall finished the following week and yes i qualified for a new one and as a mater of fact they had one left in stock and when did i want it fitted.
    Well after i picked myself of the floor i said "tomorrow will do before you change your mind" anyway i got i booked in a couple of days later and that was that.
    So how bloody lucky was that, the only gripe i have is i didn't go fishing for several months and when i did i discovered that the green indication warning on the dash that shows you have 4 wheel drive engaged, did not work and after contacting the Nissan dealer again who apparently had just change management, had changed attitudes as well and was not interested, but at least i got a new dash and just days before the recall finished, so maybe some problems are due to the dealers and not Nissan "who knows".
    But i am still wondering why the dash 4x4 indication is not working and if anyone here knows if it is just a plug issue or as the new management fobbed of as not simply a plug that was not put back after my new dash was installed but a complete new circuit board for the entire dash panel as everything is on the one board.

Any info on the dashboard indicators circuits and wiring would be greatly appreciated.
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12