Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Dash / Unsatisfactory quality

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan Dash / Unsatisfactory quality

Hi guys/gals, I know a lot of people have had issues with the old BUBBLED DASH, some have been lucky enough to get the replacement done, and some have battled Nissan with little or no success. Came across this today and thought it might be worth a crack. A petition for unsatisfied customers to sign to be sent to Nissan Aust to try and get something done about the unsightly devaluing blistering dash's Nissan have fitted. Worth a crack! Have a look
    Cheers
    https://www.change.org/p/nissan-aust...share_petition
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wildgu6 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (1st January 2017), mudski (1st January 2017), Patrol-Guy (2nd January 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant understand how they can get away with it without a total recall on all of them, from day one. It IS a safety issue. Some of the cracked dashes I've seen could possibly take an eye out or cause permanent blindness, especially to the passenger, if the air bag deployed. Did they get away with it in the states, the land of law suites?
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry I thought they did recall it ? Vehicles up to 6 years of age from memory.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Sorry I thought they did recall it ? Vehicles up to 6 years of age from memory.
    No never did a recall. They released it as a "Service Campaign" and never released a Press Release or any other Advertising on the matter. It spread on forums and Facebook and many Dealers actually found out about it by customers going in and asking about it.

When I went into Werribee Nissan the Service guy actually Laugh in my face! I couldn't believe it! He ate humble pie the following week though.....
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Hodge (2nd January 2017)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    No never did a recall. They released it as a "Service Campaign" and never released a Press Release or any other Advertising on the matter. It spread on forums and Facebook and many Dealers actually found out about it by customers going in and asking about it.

When I went into Werribee Nissan the Service guy actually Laugh in my face! I couldn't believe it! He ate humble pie the following week though.....
    I see. Mine is absolutely atrocious. Yours being the same car, I imagine would be just as bad. But it is hidden underneath the dash carpet cover so it's not a big deal. There were stories of people, getting it done with nissan covering the labour, while they pull it apart during the airbag recall... I was gonna attempt that. (Which i am yet to do).
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I see. Mine is absolutely atrocious. Yours being the same car, I imagine would be just as bad. But it is hidden underneath the dash carpet cover so it's not a big deal. There were stories of people, getting it done with nissan covering the labour, while they pull it apart during the airbag recall... I was gonna attempt that. (Which i am yet to do).

I was "lucky" I only had a couple of dimples but had it replaced it time. I have seen a few of the bad ones and can't believe Nissan is not owning it. I have never seen another car ever do it. Clearly a fault. If you have a really bad one maybe A Current Affair would like to see a bad one...... Clearly Nissan Acknowledges the problem and fixed a few, if
    You were not using Nissan Service Department for your servicing you missed out though! Disgrace!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Hodge (4th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would have thought a petition for the front seat belts as a safety issue would be more important
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read through this thread, lots of info, some good news, some not so good news.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TimE For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (8th January 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called a Nissan dealership in March 2016 about it when I was booking in for the replacement air bag. They said they didn't know anything about a bubbling dash and that I should call Nissan direct. Called the Nissan customer service number and was told the service campaign had ended the previous year. My car was also 9 years old so wouldnt have been covered. The dash mat covers the pimples up at the moment.

It's really bad customer service as I wont be considering Nissan in the future. Too many issues not fixed by the factory or corrected in later runs such as leaking intercoolers, cracked rear door etc. These should have been addressed in a program of continuous improvement instead of just carrying on with the same old design/item.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interestingly enough I got mine replaced in 2012 by the dealer as I said i wpuldn't buy it as it was. That was after the 6 year cut off so either the dealer paid or they organised it for the sale. point being they would do the work to make a sale but probably not too interested in fixing old claims that don't bring any income. When you look at the way they have dropped the diesel and the Y61, even though people in Aus would still buy them, it is an indication of the lack of importance they attach to the Aus market. If you apply the same importance to a few (trouble makers) disgruntled customers in Australia, who cares as it is not going to affect them much in the percentage sales in the world market. In other words if even 1000 people don't buy Nissan any more because of poor service, that is nothing in the world sales so who cares. Just my opinion, but it is based on my experience on equipment I work on daily.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (5th January 2017), Rock Trol (4th January 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast