Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waeco cfx95

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waeco cfx95

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has used or know anything about the Waeco cfx95. I am about to purchase one and I wanted to know some real life figures on usage, I also would like to know how well it fits in the back of a gq.

Thanks in advance Damo

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All I know is , they're huge...... almost a metre long...... Will be bloody heavy too when loaded up..... My CFX50 is heavy enough lol

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a Big Fridge!!!

I'd be giving that some serious thought! Why do you need a 95lt fridge?

A 45lt is a very good size for touring and a family can live out of it comfortably.

I have a 80lt Waeco and a 45lt engel. The engel gets the usage. I'm away and base camping at the moment and I have both fridges with me as much behave a powered site and have the camper. This'll the first time my 80lt Waeco has been used in 5 years!! I am so sing the 45lt engel as a drinks fridge for the first time ever.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    That's a Big Fridge!!!

I'd be giving that some serious thought! Why do you need a 95lt fridge?

A 45lt is a very good size for touring and a family can live out of it comfortably.

I have a 80lt Waeco and a 45lt engel. The engel gets the usage. I'm away and base camping at the moment and I have both fridges with me as much behave a powered site and have the camper. This'll the first time my 80lt Waeco has been used in 5 years!! I am so sing the 45lt engel as a drinks fridge for the first time ever.
    You must have opened the Engel a few times last night because your English is atrocious dude! Lol

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Clunk (31st December 2016), MudRunnerTD (2nd January 2017), NissanGQ4.2 (31st December 2016), Rossco (1st January 2017), threedogs (31st December 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about the DZ one? When we go away with a workmate who owns my old Patrol he takes his Waeco away. His is 95L dual zone. I don't know it's real life amparage figures but...
    His car has a 105AH second battery and with the fridge running full time + camping lights, it lasts 3-4 days. Despite their size, I don't think they pull much.
    His concern is not the amp usage, but the space usage in the rear of the GU. They are a big unit.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got one of the old Waeco 80s F/F and even that's too big I reckon for the back of our GU wagon. Being that the older ones also didn't have a freezer lid I reckon I could run at least two of the 50s or 60s for less power usage. Not sure about the new dual zones power usage but ours has to be set on -11 degrees to keep stuff frozen one side and drinks cold other side. Whereas my utes 60L sits nicely on say 1 degree. Reckon two smaller fridges would be ideal, one tiny one for freezer opened only once a day and other for fridge. AB took my 60 and his 60 across the Simpson solo and kept one in the back seat floor I think, said it worked a treat!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that by using two new plastic 38lt Engels, one as a freezer, one as a fridge, and a "thick-walled" Techniice box for only soft drinks & beers, works well for longer periods. I've found that you can usually pick up ice somewhere on your travels.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

MB (31st December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    I find that by using two new plastic 38lt Engels, one as a freezer, one as a fridge, and a "thick-walled" Techniice box for only soft drinks & beers, works well for longer periods. I've found that you can usually pick up ice somewhere on your travels.
    G'day Bazza, nice setup. Yeah I think AB was actually freezing ice block packs atop of his frozen food goods during the long days driving with alternator across the Simmo. Then in the arvos would transfer the ice packs into a small esky ready for nightly brews next to his chair and to take the load off the battery again overnight. I've done similar for extended fishing stays up on the Murray making ice in a stationary Trailblazer with 2 x 120watt panels ready for loading the boat esky on next days outings and so on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replys.

I have seen the unit and it is pretty big, was only thinking it would get me and the family up the bush for 1-2 weeks with out having to leave camp and restock.

I haven't done any long trips yet so not really sure what fridge I would be after, second choice was the cfx65 dual zone waeco thoughts on that fridge?

Last question attached below are photos of my battery only have one, is it alright to run off that by itself with a solar panel to charge it or should I just get dual battery system.

Thanks again guys

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast