Thread: DavesStuff Tuturial Video's posted on Youtube

Thanks
    Thanked 6,958 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    OK, here is the info. 8 beads on top, 16 beads below, 10 mins to flame out.
    2.7kg pre marinated from Woolies chicken, 1 potato, 1 sweet potato, 2 carrot, 1 onion, a tablespoon of olive oil, i can of unsweetened coconut cream, i cup of water, 1 tablespoon of quality aussie bush herbs. I reckon it would easily feed 4 adults as we had half a chook left over and half the vegees. I monitored the internal temp of the chook and it hit terminal temp on the gauge at 1hr, 40 min, then spiked over and it was pulled off. There was enough residual heat left in the bottom coals to throw a pastry tart in the oven for a warm desert. The residual stock was amazing and saved the chicken and stock for tomorrows meal.

Ya just need to start playing around with it Plassy, you can't destroy anything in it, except maybe a pizza if you leave it too long on high heat - but thats a 'learnin' thing! At Licola 2 years ago we were smashing out basic pizzas in around 6 minutes.
    Thanks mate. Yeah I know experience is the key. First use I stuffed a pizza but second use cooked great crispy pork belly. Just need confidence but as you say just need to play with it. Thanks for the input Phil.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (31st December 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    OK, here is the info. 8 beads on top, 16 beads below, 10 mins to flame out.
    2.7kg pre marinated from Woolies chicken, 1 potato, 1 sweet potato, 2 carrot, 1 onion, a tablespoon of olive oil, i can of unsweetened coconut cream, i cup of water, 1 tablespoon of quality aussie bush herbs. I reckon it would easily feed 4 adults as we had half a chook left over and half the vegees. I monitored the internal temp of the chook and it hit terminal temp on the gauge at 1hr, 40 min, then spiked over and it was pulled off. There was enough residual heat left in the bottom coals to throw a pastry tart in the oven for a warm desert. The residual stock was amazing and saved the chicken and stock for tomorrows meal.

Ya just need to start playing around with it Plassy, you can't destroy anything in it, except maybe a pizza if you leave it too long on high heat - but thats a 'learnin' thing! At Licola 2 years ago we were smashing out basic pizzas in around 6 minutes.
    Phil, your Davesstuff link isn't working.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Phil, your Davesstuff link isn't working.
    Muddy, I have ceased manufacture of the oven system and shut down the website. I still have 4 complete kits avail which I am clearing at $300 each, $150 a kit less than what it cost to manufacture. Unfortunately its at the higher end of the camping oven/pizza oven options, but thats just the way it goes I guess. I did look at bulk manufacture both here and o/seas but massive cost involved.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (28th March 2022), mudnut (26th March 2022), MudRunnerTD (29th March 2022)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678