Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GQ wiper bottle removal

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    I ended up buying a new tank with new pumps. Past experience has shown that patching and mixing new and old stuff is a waste of time and frustrating. I will put the existing tank and good motor in the shed, pack it up 3 times when I move then throw it away in 40 years time!
    I did the same when I pulled EGR system out. I packed it up carefully with labels attached to packing of each part, and now I can't find a single piece.
    No, it's not dementia.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,730 Times in 2,681 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    I did the same when I pulled EGR system out. I packed it up carefully with labels attached to packing of each part, and now I can't find a single piece.
    No, it's not dementia.
    I put that down as normal behaviour!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

dom14 (26th December 2016)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New tank and pumps arrived today. Bought an expensive set believing I would get good quality - WRONG. Pump spigot to rubber grommet was so loose on both pumps the water poured out. To correctly locate the pumps into the bottle, so they don't wobble around, the pumps end up on the piss and only leak worse. Tried different rubber Bunga and even one new pump in the factory original tank, remember the one I had stashed in the shed? Anyway, this looked promising until I tried to push the pump into its home position, and then it started leaking. So, back to the vendor and waiting for the long winded journey to happiness. Might have to price a factory genuine and be done with it, send this one back.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New tank and pumps arrived today. Bought an expensive set believing I would get good quality - WRONG. Pump spigot to rubber grommet was so loose on both pumps the water poured out. To correctly locate the pumps into the bottle, so they don't wobble around, the pumps end up on the piss and only leak worse. Tried different rubber Bunga and even one new pump in the factory original tank, remember the one I had stashed in the shed? Anyway, this looked promising until I tried to push the pump into its home position, and then it started leaking. So, back to the vendor and waiting for the long winded journey to happiness. Might have to price a factory genuine and be done with it, send this one back.
    Last one I bought was for my old gq, $30 cheapy from ebay, came with 2 pumps, never had an issue with it ...... well while I had the car that is

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (11th January 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Last one I bought was for my old gq, $30 cheapy from ebay, came with 2 pumps, never had an issue with it ...... well while I had the car that is
    Got onto vendor this morning, am sending it back at their cost, they will have a look and then test other stock first before sending me a replacement, or full refund. Can't argue with that, just annoyed and the hassle of getting stuffed around - again. Anyway, will just have to wait and see if they can supply a leak free unit.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i just used a spanner, was very painful but worked. other way is take out the battery!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kami, the 25 post rule has been dropped, mate. Just wade in and download the manuals. Stick around, as there is plenty going on here.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got onto vendor this morning, am sending it back at their cost, they will have a look and then test other stock first before sending me a replacement, or full refund. Can't argue with that, just annoyed and the hassle of getting stuffed around - again. Anyway, will just have to wait and see if they can supply a leak free unit.
    That's good to hear in some respect...... I mean a company actually looking after a customer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (11th January 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid $15 for both pumps, including postage. It's been working fine in my case.
    Rubber grommet tightens up as I insert the pump spigot into it.
    I guess you can use silicon to seal it, but you shouldn't have to.
    Installing the tank with the pumps in the tight spot can knock the pumps out of the rubber grommet and leak.
    It is PITA for sure, just need to be pretty delicate with it.
    Having a brand new leaking pump/tank is definitely no fun.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    I paid $15 for both pumps, including postage. It's been working fine in my case.
    Rubber grommet tightens up as I insert the pump spigot into it.
    I guess you can use silicon to seal it, but you shouldn't have to.
    Installing the tank with the pumps in the tight spot can knock the pumps out of the rubber grommet and leak.
    It is PITA for sure, just need to be pretty delicate with it.
    Having a brand new leaking pump/tank is definitely no fun.
    I raised a return response with the vendor via ebay, and their default response is to only offer a credit, so the deal is done, no issue of returns from the vendor, all happy. I have now ordered one direct from Nissan, pick up tomorrow, circa $200. Yep, expensive compared to others listed but I would rather pay for things and know its factory fitment without doubt and not get stuffed around with 'close enough, similar, etc. If I look at it another way, I bought the vehicle new in '97, so the bottle pump lasted 20 yrs - maybe I will get the same from this one, which will be fine by me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast