Thread: Damo's Family Lap

Thanks
    Thanked 7,401 Times in 2,994 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'n'Shred View Post
    Wow Cuppa that's beautiful! Unfortunately we are a long way from there now and doing a lap, but will remember that one for next time. Thanks for sharing the spot!
    Am I missing something? Yesterday you said you were going up the Bloomfield Track today???

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,595 Times in 3,102 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living the life Damo. . Awesome..
    Enjoy the travels
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,477 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Am I missing something? Yesterday you said you were going up the Bloomfield Track today???

cuppa he was in shark bay a couple of days ago, he is late with his thread posting
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    cuppa he was in shark bay a couple of days ago, he is late with his thread posting
    Thanks Clunk, was kinda guessing it was something like that. S'pose I've missed some other posts elsewhere?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Clunk, was kinda guessing it was something like that. S'pose I've missed some other posts elsewhere?
    Your getting mixed up mate - thats stropp not clunk. LOL
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (19th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Your getting mixed up mate - thats stropp not clunk. LOL
    Strewth I'm going well on this eh. Sorry Stropp, think I need an early night!

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Stropp (19th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Cuppa, I should have mentioned this was September. We're in Perth now lol. Trying to catch up on months of travels.
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Thanks
    Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,515 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strewth I'm going well on this eh. Sorry Stropp, think I need an early night!
    Time to get back to the water based paints I think.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

AB (20th December 2016), BigRAWesty (20th December 2016), Cuppa (20th December 2016), gubigfish (20th December 2016), Stropp (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today (28th Sept 16) we took on the Bloomfield Track. I was expecting a bit of 4x4ing but unfortunately wasn't too be. The hardest part of the Bloomfield Track is the very steep hill that they were concreting on our way through. Very nice drive through the rainforest though. Looking back I do wish we done the creb track, we were warned off it with the trailer but since learnt we would have been ok.

Start of The Bloomfield Track

One of many creek crossing of the Bloomfield Track

And another

After the Bloomfield Track we come out back onto bitumen at Wujal Wujal and had a quick look at Bloomfield Falls

Continuing on over the bitumen roads we arrived at The Lions Den Hotel for lunch and refreshments. Old mate playing the ribs was quite a spectacle.

Continuing north we quickly came to Black Mountain, a very strange looking mountain of black boulders that almost looks man made.

We then continued on to Cooktown for the night at a caravan park after checking out the lookout and museum.

Cooktown

GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rip'n'Shred For This Useful Post:

jack (31st December 2016), mudnut (15th January 2017), Touses (21st December 2016), TPC (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being that we were in a massive rush when we originally planned and left home, we really didn't plan where we were going after Cooktown. So over a couple of beverages after the kids went to bed we plotted a rough plan for our further travels. If nothing else I could always fall back on "Sounded like a good idea at the time when I was drunk"

Planning

So we planned on going west from Cooktown along Battle Camp Rd through Old Laura to Kalpower for the night, then onto Cape Melville. We did consider doing the Starcke Track along coast to Melville but we were to later learn that was a bad idea. (Met some German backpackers who did the 108km in 8hrs lol)

Battle Camp Rd

Old Laura Homestead

Old relics

Modern Toyota

Kalpower Campground

Kalpower Crossing

We went down to the crossing at night with a spotlight and found our first croc looking at us on the other side. We let him be and went back to camp without a swim lol
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rip'n'Shred For This Useful Post:

jack (31st December 2016)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast