OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: HAZARD WARNING "Root Hog Crossing", Macquarie River (Bathurst and Hill End regions)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAZARD WARNING "Root Hog Crossing", Macquarie River (Bathurst and Hill End regions)

HAZARD WARNING regarding "Root Hog Crossing", Macquarie River (Bathurst and Hill End regions)

This public crossing has been damaged by excavation. A trench has been dug through the main crossing, causing the depth to very suddenly increase from 0-30cm to 80cm. The excavator tracks lead up into Root Hog Road.

This river is usually safe to cross even with medium flood, but after this excavation, it may be impossible and very dangerous. When I crossed on Thursday I was very lucky that the river was low, and my vehicle has high clearance - but even then my bonnet suddenly dropped underwater! Anyone crossing this with lower vehicles may get stuck in the middle or washed down stream. With a mild flood, this deep trench will be invisible and undoubtedly have the power to push ANY vehicle downstream. If planning to cross, please check the river conditions first.

There are absolutely no warnings or blockages before the crossing - so please SHARE this post - make sure no one is caught out by this hazard!

A little more info regarding the "Root Hog Road". This is a public road recently closed by the new owner of the adjacent land, due to a slight deviation of the physical road, away from it's official path

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4WDT...3073591717921/
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

abw (11th December 2016), mudnut (11th December 2016), VK2FMIA (11th December 2016), Woof (11th December 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement