Thread: :smiley_thumbs_up: TURBO REPLACEMENT FOR SD33T

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:smiley_thumbs_up: TURBO REPLACEMENT FOR SD33T

Hi everyone, as i was telling you in my introducton, the Hitachi HT15-48B Tubo of my SD33T is completly stuck, wont spool, I do not know yet why is it gone to sleep, But had already repaired it before, (a friendīs dad, that owns and works whit tranctors and heavy machinery since 18 y/o told me to dont do it because it would not last long, and it lasted about 6 months or less).
    I point this as i am very skeptical now about repairing it again, but in my country there is no one that sells or import the same turbo, and here turbos are very expensive (almost everything is being sold more than twice the real worth of things here, spare parts, accesories, guns, all you can imagine) I am looking for a replacement to buy online, i think i have no other way to go, it will be extra money in the adaptation and fabrication on the turbo flange and exhaust, i still want to add more tools to keep monitored the engine with this new turbo because I can not afford another, i talking on adding an intercooler, oil cooler and extra and more relyable oil, water and intake temp and pressure, and the egt temp.
    My problem finding the turbo is that i have very little knowledge about turbos and i understend it is not just to look for a turbo model as every model can come in varios especifications to work on diferent rpm range and other stuff.

Bottom end i just want a turbo that will perform better since i am going to change the original any way, but i am not looking for 20 psi, just the fatory 8 i think it is or 10 or so IF! i can pull it completly SAFE and RELIABLE.

I found this one in eBay i hope you can guide me how i am doing with the specs and prices with this one.

Genuine Garrett GT2860RS "Disco-Potato" Ball-Bearing Turbocharger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Garr...pTt55Q&vxp=mtr

I hope i could explain myself whitout confusing you, and you can help me whit the first step on the build. Thaks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement