Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Barra Turbo (XR6 TURBO CONVERSION) GU PATROL

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a bit slack with the updates on the build lately but at the moment we are full steam ahead.

We took the existing turbo off the car and had procharge turbochargers in sunbury build the new turbo for us.
    The new Procharge 67mm turbo has been known to run up to mid 600rwkw on some set ups as of late so to find a turbo that sits on the original ford manifold that produces that much power with very little effects of big lag is astonishing.*
    The procharge 67 is litreally based off the factory garret but they have an ar70 housing thats been macined both front and rear housings to fit the 67mm wheels on fromt and back...

Here are some photos of it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (17th April 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20190412_155954.jpg

Procharge 67mm turbo

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (17th April 2019), 10G (9th October 2019), Rossco (18th April 2019), rusty_nail (17th April 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next up in order to do all this both manifolds were stripped off the car and had to buy a 10mm spacer for the turbo not to foul up against the exhaust manifold as the turbo is obviously bigger than factory.
    With this spacer it allows us to place the turbo in its exact same location but lifts it up slightly as it was just touching the manifold.

The cold side inlet plenum/manifold has also been removed so i can drill into it for the direct port water to methanol injection system.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (17th April 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20190413_121851.jpg
    20190413_121903.jpg

Dummy up of manifold to see where injectors will go

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (17th April 2019), 10G (9th October 2019), rusty_nail (17th April 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So with the turbo sitting back with the car and getting ready for re installation i had taken the manifold home last night so i can drill out the manifold for the direct port injection system.

Once the kids and wife were in bed and my daddy duties were over i jumped into the man cave , slapped on the tunes, grabbed a beer (or two) and began.

Drilling inti the intake manifold isnt something i felt conpletely comfortable with unless i had asked the 100's of questions that i had in my mind answered.*
    We found that there was a flat circle section on the manifold that was there for casting purposes from factory which seemed to be the perfect place for them...

I marked out all the spots and pre-drilled then with a pilot hold first then worked my way up to the 8.5.. drill bit that we needed to use for the correct fitment of the injector adapters.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After this was done i carefully began to insert the tap into the holes using most probably more cutting compound than i needed to as paranoia starts to creep in.

I found that this was the most intricate part of the process as i had to ensure i was not going in on any funny angles and had to also ensure the 1/8 npt tap was being turned with the same amount of firmness each time i went further in whilst it was tapping out the holes... (if you're ever going to do this into aluminum i found that its much easier than steel but the second you feel more resistance than normal just give it a bit more of a spray with the cutting compound and it will continue to turn easier).

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (18th April 2019), mudnut (18th April 2019), Rossco (18th April 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After this was done i cleaned out the shards of aluminium and then began to install the injector adapters. The aquamist water to methanol injection system comes with the brass inserts that you install into the manifold which have an internal thread for the injectors to be fixed to, or if you ever need to , they also provide brass plugs which we have to install for now as the rest of the system has not been installed yet.

I've just dry fitted the adapter plugs into the manifold for now to see how they sat and if there was any resistance but from what i got told from Orlando from Cool Runnings Engineering (the authorised seller of Aquamist in Australia) is that they are to be done hand tight with loctite and no excessive force.

I found that this wont be the case for me as finger tight only got me on a couple threads so i had to touch base with him and send him pics to show where they were sitting and then was advised to nip them up a touch with a 13mm spanner but dont go ape sh*t with it.*
    I have to say i really do love buying products from a company who provide you with phenomenal after sales service.*
    To put things into perspective for you guys this bloke has gone above and beyond with answerring any questions i may have, late night phone calls, early morning questions and his services have superceded any of my expectations.

Here are some pics of the injector adapters being dry fitted into the manifold.
    This morning i will loctite them in.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20190416_232342.jpg
    Manifold injector adapter install
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (18th April 2019), rusty_nail (18th April 2019)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast