0 Thread(s)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

Jackob (21st August 2017), mudnut (21st August 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably should say this engine conversion is complete now.

And i absolutely love it!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get on with 'engineering certification'? Did you end up going that path - who did you use and any major obstacles struck?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Pee bee,
    Glad to say the vehicle has been engineered (finally)

The engineer wasnt happy with the way the guys that did the conversion ran my pipework so i had to pay someone else 3k to redo it all again which i wasnt happy about.

Above all it is now running a base map tune of 10psi and 250rwkw on 35s.

I have been zipping around town with prodominantly stock tyres and find it bloody quick.
    I remember one day i was on a "private road" and had a run with new golf r wolfzburg edition and he got me by half a car length...

I went home that night to find that they pull a 13.3 second 0-400 so i was thoroughly impressed concidering i am driving around a 3tonne 4wd.

I have to keep reminding myself that its not a sports car and that it is a 3 tonne truck as it blows my mind how quick it is.

Given i have changed all the pipework that was also restricting more power i have now contacted stix from quick bitz to retune it to 18-20psi on pump 98....

In the mean time i know it ran a 20.86 with the stock tb...

I now want to run it with 10psi...

Then run it with 18-20psi

Then when money permits next plan is to upgrade the turbo to 67mm wheels , install the hatec race dash and ecu and run a flex fuel system for track meets with e85...

Once i do that i shpuld be easily achieving 500rwkw.

I just wanna pull a 10 or 11second pass for shits n gigs and i will be happy.

After i achieve that i will be happy to just leave it on its normal street tune of 18-20psi on 98 and even 10psi like it is now for off road and i will be happy...

So over all i want to be able to choose between

10psi
    20psi
    E85 fullboost

Anyway heres some pics

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

Avo (22nd September 2018), PeeBee (21st September 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20180918_113450.jpg

Stainless snorkel

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

Avo (22nd September 2018), PeeBee (21st September 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20180918_113426.jpg

New 4" air intake
    New custom airbox with 79series panel filter
    New cooler pipework

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

Avo (22nd September 2018), mudnut (21st September 2018), PeeBee (21st September 2018), Rossco (22nd September 2018), warthog1 (21st September 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its been a while since inhave posted on here but just thought I would give you all a quick update.
    The rig has been performing flawlessly around town on daddy duties , as a grocery getter, as a sleeper, and as an off road vehicle.

That was up until i decided to go to the high country a couple months back and i had to get the thing towed home.
    It turned out to be a bad connection and wiring from ecu to the bf pedal and i had to get the thing rewired again because the way the original mob that did the conversion did it was kak.

Since then though its been running perfectly with no dramas.

So over all for those of you that arent aware, the purpose of this build was to build a tough af off roader that incould hit up some hardcore tracks by day, go home slap on the slicks and go mix it up with the boys on the strip by night.

I mean, why not right? They are known as being one of the greatest 4wds off road and these days are also known as the go to 4wd if you are wanting to run big hp in them.
    Just look at our amazing brothers over in dubai and you will evidently see what they are doing with these rigs.

So given that was my goal, i have been happy with where we are but now its time to go for some serious hp.

Recently i have been doing my head in with who to tune the rig. You speak to one mob and they sound wonderful, you speak to another then they sound better. Over all i have managed to speak to 4 different joint (yes i have done extensive research) as barras are a well known engine so theres many people available for tuning them who know them well.

In the end i have opted to take it to Independent motorsports in Morwell, who are currently home to the worlds fastest ford territory with 1000hp and 9 second quarter mile...

I have been doing my head in trying to figure out what i am going to do tune wise as there are so many options.

Go pump 98 as hard as we can till we hit the limit and be ok but not that fast.

Spend a shit load on 2200cc injector, new 2x fuel pumps, flex fuel system, surge tank, and tune for e85?

Problem with doing the above to options leaves me unhappy with either of them. The pump 98 is never gunna be enough to make me happy and the e85 though expensive and awesome just isnt practical enough when i own a 4wd that visits the high country and goes touring etc. With e85 being up to 35 % more thirsty than pump 98 i was stuck at a cross road until now...

Enter Water to Methanol Injection. Damn, after doing some serious research all i was left with was where have you been all my life ???
    The beauty of water methanol injection is that its 50/50 ratio which is stored in its own resevoir on board in your vehicle and it is squirted (direct port entry) to each cylinder along with an extra injector after the cooler on the manifold.

The idea of meth injection is to creat lower intake temps which then allows the engine to be wound up more thus endingnup with more power.

What i find absolutey extroadinary with this is i am still able to run 98 with heaps better economy, my current 1000cc injectors and also my curent walbro 460 in tank pump.

We are also in the process of getting a new turbo built by the boys at procharge in sunbury but can not spill the beans too much with sizes yet.

The set up i am currently going has ran a 9.30et at calder with around 600rwkw on an xr6 turbo

Given the engine is in a big gu and has to go through my driveline and the built re4 i will be lucky to see 500rwkw but either way this is more than enough for me to be happy with it as its peak performance.

The entire process will be getting documented by the a4s media boys for there youtube channel so soon enough you will most probably see it on line.

Eventually when its done i will slap on the slicks and head to calder.

Looking forward to the next couple months

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

mudnut (13th February 2019), PeeBee (14th February 2019), Rossco (14th February 2019), Touses (14th February 2019)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast