Thread: Read your manual!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read your manual!

Although this is an old subject about "when all else fails then read the instructions" I thought I needed to post my latest experience as a reminder to all the other clever people out there......

About a year ago the air conditioner in my one Y61 started playing up and during the following few months tried to trouble-shoot it without success; each time threating to then take it to an auto electrician when I failed. I just needed to could get round to taking it. Finally did so and was told that there was something wrong with the electronic unit and I should replace it, so I decided to take one more look at the system myself before I do so. Last week I finally took out my nice clean collection of bound workshop manuals, downloaded a few years ago, and read up on Heating & Air Conditioning.

Surprise! The unit has a diagnostic program! To cut it short, within a few minutes the diagnostics had told me fault 22 (in vehicle air sensor) and an hour and a soldering iron later the loose thermocouple/resistor had been soldered back into place. Aircon working perfectly again - after a year of mucking about!

When all else fails, read the manual!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Conradk For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (9th November 2016), AB (9th November 2016), Avo (9th November 2016), mudnut (9th November 2016), mudski (11th November 2016), taslucas (11th November 2016), Touses (11th November 2016), VK2FMIA (9th November 2016), Wine_maker (15th November 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha! RTFM!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk