Thread: HPD intercooler upgrade kit for TD42ti 03-07

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HPD intercooler upgrade kit for TD42ti 03-07

Gday folks, just chasing any personal experiences with the HPD upgrade kit. Says it gives 80% better flow but interested in how that translates in lower egts, more power (how much difference). Talking about the kit for approx $1300.

I've found info on the big series 2 but not on the smaller cooler that comes with larger pipes and hoses. I've already got a 3 inch exhaust and the turbo has been hi-flowed. Mainly chasing lower egts for towing but other benefits greatfully received

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I always like when they say things like "80% better flow". Better than what? If they are comparing it to the stock cooler then its a little vague. I have been pushing 30psi through a stock cooler for a while now lol.

But anyway the HPD item will be better than the stock cooler. It will have better ability to keep charge air temps stable and also have more volume. Cooler charge air allow it to become more dense so thus meaning more oxygen. This means you have a leaner mix which will result in lower EGTs. You can then wind more fuel in and have more power with stable EGTs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (3rd November 2016)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i know how intercoolers work, just asking if anyone here has used this kit and what actual improvement they found. Then I can better decide if it's worth the money to me.