Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: November '16 Photo Comp - 'Monuments'

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks, by posting more than one photo in a post you are unfortunately making the voting process very difficult. I understand the notion of putting an entry into context makes sense sometimes, but please would you edit your posts to clearly identify which photo is your entry. If you want both as entries please post the second in a second post.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (3rd November 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this limited to Australian monuments or is international allowed as well?
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gubigfish For This Useful Post:

MB (2nd November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Folks, by posting more than one photo in a post you are inadvertantly making the voting process very difficult. I understand the notion of putting an entry into context makes sense sometimes, but please would you edit your posts to clearly identify which photo is your entry. If you want both as entries please post the second in a second post.
    Apologies Cuppa, my bad, I started that :-(
    It just might be hard for some monuments to be explained properly in a single entry without a closeup and afar pic. Would it be possible mate that the afar version becomes their winner if so chosen?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myall Creek Massacre

On the 10th June 1838, a gang of eleven convict and ex-convict stockmen led by a squatter, brutally slaughtered a group of twenty eight Aboriginal men, women and children who were camped next to the station huts on the Myall Creek cattle station near Bingara in northern New South Wales.

It stands alone in its historical significance because it is the only time in Australia’s history that white men were arrested, charged and hanged for the massacre of Aborigines.

For the story on the massacre & the trial have a look at

http://www.myallcreekmassacre.com/My...acre/Home.html

"Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

AGman (3rd November 2016), Boinzo (28th November 2016), Bush Ranger (3rd November 2016), Cuppa (30th November 2016), jack (25th November 2016), mudnut (7th November 2016), threedogs (24th November 2016), Woof (28th November 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    Is this limited to Australian monuments or is international allowed as well?
    Valid question.
    I believe the intent of VK2FMIA was Australian monuments. If I have this wrong I expect he will post to correct me.
    However we do have overseas members who are disadvantaged by 'Australian only topics' so I propose a compromise of 'Monuments should be in the country where you live'.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jay see (3rd November 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Apologies Cuppa, my bad, I started that :-(
    It just might be hard for some monuments to be explained properly in a single entry without a closeup and afar pic. Would it be possible mate that the afar version becomes their winner if so chosen?
    No worries MB. I agree that, particularly with plaques, photos of both wording & the setting helps with the context, but feel it is best for the entrant to determine which is their entry. So my preference is that the posts be edited to indicate which photo is the entry.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    so I propose a compromise of 'Monuments should be in the country where you live'.
    As we have a lot of international members, Cuppa`s suggestion sounds good.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entry 1.

PA270063.JPG

Monument for Monumental City, a steam ship that was wrecked off Gabo Island. Rudder and few other bits can be seen on the beach on the mainland between Gabo Island and Mallacoota.

Not sure if this is eligible as i obviously didn't take the photo, however thought I'd put it in as i don't have too many monument picies at the mo. .
    Last edited by Rossco; 4th November 2016 at 05:37 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

jack (25th November 2016), VK2FMIA (28th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entry 2.

IMG_9958.JPG.

Monument for RAAF C-47 Dakota that crashed in bad weather near Injune in 1943. Drove past it on the way into Carnarvon Gorge.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (4th November 2016), jack (25th November 2016), VK2FMIA (28th November 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post

Not sure if this is eligible as i obviously didn't take the photo, however thought I'd put it in as i don't have too many monument picies at the mo. .
    As you are in the photo I think it's reasonable to assume that the photo was taken by a member of your party, so perfectly eligible.

* Photos MUST have been taken by the member posting the photos or members of their party.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Rossco (4th November 2016)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast