Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Thanks Matty, some dude sent me a pm said nearlly exactly the same thing so I reckon your onto something mate.

I'm Pretty keen on the 4.3 ratios and I might have found some. The inline pump was the 4601 as you discussed in Winnie's Thread for sure.

So the hiflow injectors I thought would have an increased CC input flow and would be advantageous? I understand though if the pump is not asking for the flow then it's pointless.

My Clutch is the original clutch and has 265k on it and I assume it's at end of life but will only change it when it tells me it's knackered.

Given I am not looking for big KWs is the Mamba really that bad an idea? There is a bit of cash involved so a massive saving there is attractive. What is the BW likely to cost me? Pm if you like. Can you help me source this? Given the UFI are well regarded is this worth considering and $ for $ will it be as good as the BW?

@Winnie I'm pretty keen to stay with a Top Mount as I already have a hole in the bonnet so a bigger hole will work for me. I reckon the Fairline scoops look Sik too. But if there is big coin to save then I could be convinced that a Front mount will work and leave the scoop there for Ventilation.

@Hodge do you have a bigger Turbo on yours mate?
    I dont know who is giving you this "Hi Flow" Injector idea but let it go. The pump determines the CC's delivered not the injectors. The injectors are just a valve really that is set to open at a given pressure that is all.

Yeah you will just have to see with the clutch. It might be alright but then it may also slip. Some standard clutches seem to hang on fairly well others dont.

Forget the cheap junk mate, dont even bother. I dont chase big kws either only torque and this where the Borg warner really shines. Andy could tell you nearly exact costings but it will be 2500-3000 likely. The ufi is a good product but it should be. The Borg Warner is loaded with features that none of the others in your list even come close to. You only have to look at Andys last tune where he was only producing 160rwkw but a massive 784nm. Show me other setups with those sorts of figures? The vast majority with that amount of torque will be hovering around the 200rwkw mark. The Borg Warner is aiding the results a lot as it responds super fast but also has the volume to boot. this means we can burn all the fuel being thrown in early and create a nice torque rise and curve. It is the way I would be going.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MB (31st October 2016), MudRunnerTD (31st October 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter mentioned the exact same thing about 'Hi-Flow' injectors I was looking at advertised for the dreaded 6.5NA. Said is was a crock also mate. Why are these buggers pushing it so hard, I do entrust in your blokes skills, seen it in action and felt the whiplash :-) !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (31st October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, I definitely didn't suggest HF injectors to Daz:-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (31st October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think a bit over 2k for the BW Dazz plus a couple or more hundred for t5 adaptor, larger actuator, short bracket and other goodies so more on the 2.5k mark.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, @AB i thought you got new injectors for your setup that were a bigger CC? I thought id heard that from someone else too. All good, money in my pocket.

@Stropp, I will be all over that for sure mate! That could be a real winner.

Thanks Matty, Im likely the BW idea a lot.

@Winnie Holy Sh1t mate the Front mount stuff is cheap as chips!!! Might buy a Bonnet off a 4.8 and get rid of the bonnet scoop completely.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Thanks guys, @AB i thought you got new injectors for your setup that were a bigger CC? I thought id heard that from someone else too. All good, money in my pocket.

@Stropp, I will be all over that for sure mate! That could be a real winner.

Thanks Matty, Im likely the BW idea a lot.

@Winnie Holy Sh1t mate the Front mount stuff is cheap as chips!!! Might buy a Bonnet off a 4.8 and get rid of the bonnet scoop completely.

Andy got Reco injectors which were set to a slightly higher crack pressure. They also used to nozzles that are used on the T engines.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I purchased high flow injectors Dazz which are soooo good but they stopped making them last month

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (31st October 2016), Rossco (31st October 2016), Winnie (31st October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^ Shit Head ^^^^^
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (31st October 2016), MB (31st October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I purchased high flow injectors Dazz which are soooo good but they stopped making them last month
    I scooped in just in time! Would not have good such a good result without them. Bloody glad I wasn't a few weeks late really!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

AB (31st October 2016), MudRunnerTD (1st November 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watching this thread with much interest.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast