Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So on the weekend the wife had to drive @MBs White GUII only a few kms but up and down hills. his is stock as a rock. LOL. She walked back in to the room where i was and there was no "Hello" but her opening remark was "Thank You for the Turbo!"

I was a little hung over to be honest and had no idea what she was on about... Then realised she had just driven a stock TD42T non intercooled. Then i pissed myself laughing. Naomi drives our GUIV as her daily and is very used to how it delivers power. She was dumbfounded at how gutless the stock GU was by comparison to what she drives now.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (4th April 2019), Rossco (21st February 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROGQ View Post
    Yeah I have no idea haha that’s why I was wondering if anyone has done it. I haven’t actually purchased the CC yet, I’ll be buying all that with the turbo. Does anyone know a good off the shelf high mount manifold to start with?

Yeah defiantly will. I’ve just purchased a granny spec 93 model auto. It’s super tidy with only 200k on the clock. I’m selling my gq dual cab and going to build more of a touring rig for the family this time round.

Sounds like what I’m after. I want to be able to comfortably overtake on the highway when towing and hold speed on the big hills.
    I have the safari turbo on my work GQ, just had a look and its a shipload of clearance mate.

Take a pic of your engine bay if you want mate and upload it here.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No such thing as "Hi Flow" injectors. The injectors will deliver what they pump puts out. I would just get yours reco or exchanged and set to standard pressures. A lift pump is also highly recommended and I will give you the same recommendation as winnie, Carter 4600 or 4601.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ines For This Useful Post:

MB (4th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your educated words have just echoed in my Nuffy head thanks @Ines mate.
    Top QLD blokes once kindly tried teaching me, albeit was on the piss at the time of true guru lessons!
    “Hi-Flow” injectors, do some of us possibly confuse with ‘High Crack Open Pressure’
    IIRC. If a say top/best built 12mm diesel pump could create higher pressure would an other than standard injector be needed to maximise the force feeding, fuel & modified air incoming mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any issues with the standard cruise control hunting after your upgrade @MudRunnerTD ?

The extra power is great but now the cruise gives me motion sickness haha.

I've read on other forums the easiest way is just to switch to an aftermarket system but I'd prefer not do that if possible. I also thought I can probably build something to buffer the vacuum control unit.. but I thought I'd ask around first.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    Did you have any issues with the standard cruise control hunting after your upgrade @MudRunnerTD ?

The extra power is great but now the cruise gives me motion sickness haha.

I've read on other forums the easiest way is just to switch to an aftermarket system but I'd prefer not do that if possible. I also thought I can probably build something to buffer the vacuum control unit.. but I thought I'd ask around first.
    No. I have no issues at all. I use Cruise constantly. Non issues
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wierd. Mine you can feel every adjustment the cruise makes. Need to find a way to buffer it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    Wierd. Mine you can feel every adjustment the cruise makes. Need to find a way to buffer it.
    I wonder what @nissannewby has to say about that?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This deserves to be posted here

TD42 Joker Meme.jpg

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (16th September 2020), Hodge (16th September 2020)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday folks,

given the interest in the BW setup, is there anyone in Melbourne doing a drive in drive out install yet?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DSPIES For This Useful Post:

Hodge (30th January 2021)

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast