Parts and Numbers from MTQ

EFR6758 T25 0.64
    95025 T25-T3 Adaptor
    T19 T25 Gasket
    409039-1 T3 Gasket
    95014 Stud Kit M8
    95391 Outlet flange
    446397-364 V-band

Actuator Options- (Turbosmart Recommended)
    With - Borg Warner EFR high boost actuator normal length
    With Turbosmart DP Actuator – 26PSI spring combo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

AB (30th August 2018), Hodge (28th November 2018), MudRunnerTD (29th August 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that list, what do you recommend for oil/water lines? Also is Ebay the go for buying the turbo? I cant imagine it would be since the listings on ebay I found with a quick search were already in Australia, so im assuming that price would be marked up from the US?

Thanks

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so been doing more research. Fond this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Borg-Warner...5.c10#viTabs_0 . Thoughts? Is under $2k landed to aus which is considerably better than any other seller I can find. I'm still unsure with the actuator, whats wrong with the one it comes with? What are dual port actuators? I read another thread that spoke about electronic boost controllers, thoughts? Current turbo has a boost Tee, can that be used? Will I need a different actuator bracket?
    Mudrunner, what was the problem with yours on the dyno, as in how did they resolve the boost issue? From reading yours I gathered that your pump had been advanced in the past and they set it back to factory. This was enough to improve it completely?

As for fuel pump (lift pump), I see that you also installed one of them, is this essential?
    For oil/water fittings, what local stores would stock what I need? There is no Pritek within 700km of me. Would agriculture stores have them? (live in the country)

Sorry for so many questions, feel like there is so much stuff I need to know before I even consider buying anything.

P.S Why are v-band clamps so expensive??

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob521 View Post
    Ok, so been doing more research. Fond this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Borg-Warner...5.c10#viTabs_0 . Thoughts? Is under $2k landed to aus which is considerably better than any other seller I can find. I'm still unsure with the actuator, whats wrong with the one it comes with? What are dual port actuators? I read another thread that spoke about electronic boost controllers, thoughts? Current turbo has a boost Tee, can that be used? Will I need a different actuator bracket?
    Mudrunner, what was the problem with yours on the dyno, as in how did they resolve the boost issue? From reading yours I gathered that your pump had been advanced in the past and they set it back to factory. This was enough to improve it completely?

As for fuel pump (lift pump), I see that you also installed one of them, is this essential?
    For oil/water fittings, what local stores would stock what I need? There is no Pritek within 700km of me. Would agriculture stores have them? (live in the country)

Sorry for so many questions, feel like there is so much stuff I need to know before I even consider buying anything.

P.S Why are v-band clamps so expensive??
    Hi Rob,

Yes my 11mm pump was advanced causing me issues and probably causing me issues well before the BW was bolted up. my EGTs where off the top for years. drove me nuts. When the timing was corrected the change in the Dyno reading was extraordinary and you can see that by the dyno charts earlier in the thread, the only change there was the timing of the pump!!

Deiseltec removed my boost controller and tuned the boost off the actuator. i thought this was a little unusual and my most recent tune the tuner did not want to play with it? so left it set at 26psi which is good for me.

I believe the actuator that comes with the turbo wont go more than 25psi maxed where as the replacement will go to 35 if you want. Rather than being at the limit give it some wriggle room with a better suited actuator.

The VBand clamp should be available off the same page as the turbo and i got mine from USA. The oil and water lines will be available locally but very unlikely to be from your local Elders sorry. Your better to get the details from this thread somewhere and order online. AB posted the fittings etc at some point early in the thread.

one of the other guys will chime in too.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. So if my budget didnt allow me to spend the extra $300 on the actuator, I could run the one that comes with it for a while, or at least untill I get it tuned perperly?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob521 View Post
    Right. So if my budget didnt allow me to spend the extra $300 on the actuator, I could run the one that comes with it for a while, or at least untill I get it tuned perperly?
    Absolutely mate would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, awesome. Has anyone ported the factory exhaust manifold? Im thinking about trying this and getting it ceramic coated. Might also get my adaptor plates and exhaust side of the turbo ceramic coated at the same time. I want to keep my HDP top mount so want to keep as much heat away as possible.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone paired their BorgWarner and dual port actuator to an electric boost controller? Been trying to do more research into getting the most out of 6758, could a GFB G-Force electric boost controller be a good unit? Does the actuator bracket need to be changed to accommodate a new actuator?
    What I'm looking at:
    https://gcg.com.au/petrol-performanc...t-14psi-detail
    https://www.gfb.com.au/products/boos...ype=autosearch

Cheers guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Turbo Upgrades for the GUIV TD42Ti

I want to get the electric controller, I don't think anyone here has done it unless Matty has or knows of someone?

Yes the bracket needs to change as well mate which is good as mine was bloody close to the engine bay (GQ) and even still hammered the panelling in a bit for engine movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th October 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright no problem, reading a thread on another website and they were saying that an electric controller and dual port actuator really gets the most out of the little efr. Would you happen to know which bracket I will need if I am using a factory manifold?

Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast