OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Cup Long Weekend - Licola - Macalister Hut - Sheepyard Flat Trip

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melbourne Cup Long Weekend - Licola - Macalister Hut - Sheepyard Flat Trip

Hey Guys

I've put together a trip with my Dad for the Melbourne Cup long weekend in the Vic High Country (Licola - Macalister Hut - Sheepyard Flat Trip).

If you're interested in attending please feel free to join the trip or send me a message.

Cheers

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=552
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Me and the family are likely going to Camp past sheepyards maybe up at 6 mile flat for a night or two. A bit further upstream of the Howqua river and less people will be there. Well. Should be less. We'll just swagging it as it will be a last minite decision depending on house stuff and weather.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Me and the family are likely going to Camp past sheepyards maybe up at 6 mile flat for a night or two. A bit further upstream of the Howqua river and less people will be there. Well. Should be less. We'll just swagging it as it will be a last minite decision depending on house stuff and weather.

Yeh cool, sounds good - I'll keep an eye out for you. Weren't not 100% sure how far we'll make it on the Monday or exactly where we'll camp for the night, but it'll between sheep yard and wrens flat I would hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

mudski (20th October 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah 6 and 8 mile are a fair bit up the road from Wrens. But you got Bluff and Lovicks hut further up. Bluff hut has bloody awesome views.
    We might even just spend a night at 6 or 8 mile then nick off around the back and come out at Jameison. Or just stay put. Its just going to be us i think, unless anyone else wants to come. So its all weather depending on what we do. Safety first.
    Plus i might even don the 35s and see if the trotters catch me. Lol. Or just leave the AT's on. Most stuff out that way if dry is easily doable with AT's.
    Howqua hill track down to Frys is fun if its wet, which you will be going down if your going to sheepyards. But being just opened it shouldnt be too ripped up.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (20th October 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mudski how you looking for getting away this long weekend? Weather is looking awesome Sat / Sun, but not so much on Mon / Tues so far- you likely still to be in the area on Monday or Tuesday?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    @mudski how you looking for getting away this long weekend? Weather is looking awesome Sat / Sun, but not so much on Mon / Tues so far- you likely still to be in the area on Monday or Tuesday?

Yeah not looking good at the moment.
    Five minutes after the photographer left today after taking photos of our house i had started the trench in the back yard getting it deep and long enough for the plumber.
    So. If the plumber gets here in the next day or so. And then i can put the grass back that i cut out and do a few other things needed. We'll he going but its not looking good at the moment.
    The agent want the house ready and on the market by this time next week. But im trying bud.
    What day you leaving?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah not looking good at the moment.
    Five minutes after the photographer left today after taking photos of our house i had started the trench in the back yard getting it deep and long enough for the plumber.
    So. If the plumber gets here in the next day or so. And then i can put the grass back that i cut out and do a few other things needed. We'll he going but its not looking good at the moment.
    The agent want the house ready and on the market by this time next week. But im trying bud.
    What day you leaving?

Sorry to hear mate, sounds like you've got a bit on your plate at the moment.

We're leaving Saturday morning heading towards Licola then working way towards Sheepyard flat general area Monday night in order to leave via Mansfield on Tuesday morning

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

mudski (25th October 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah ok... if we manage to get away it would be for one night. Is there any channel you will be on? Just incase we get to Sheepyards ill holler out. If i do go, ill go for a squirt up Three Chain tk. The top of this track has a clear view of pretty much everywhere. I could maybe get you up there on the radio.
    As for the house. Im pretty good now. me and the wife got a crap load done, just waiting for the plumber to do his thing, then we clean up his mess, do a bit more and we are good to go.

Last edited by mudski; 26th October 2016 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah ok... if we manage to get away it would be for one night. Is there any channel you will be on? Just incase we get to Sheepyards ill holler out. If i do go, ill go for a squirt up Three Chain tk. The top of this track has a clear view of pretty much everywhere. I could maybe get you up there on the radio.
    As for the house. Im pretty good now. me and the wife got a crap load done, just waiting for the plumber to do his thing, then we clean up his mess, do a bit more and we are good to go.

Good to hear you're getting ontop of things with the house mate!!

Our trip plans have changed due to lack of interest....so now we're going up with all the family and camping in running creek general area Saturday / Sunday night as a base camp and doing some easy day trips. Will be on Chanel 16/17 most likely if you're in the area!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

mudski (27th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Good to hear you're getting ontop of things with the house mate!!

Our trip plans have changed due to lack of interest....so now we're going up with all the family and camping in running creek general area Saturday / Sunday night as a base camp and doing some easy day trips. Will be on Chanel 16/17 most likely if you're in the area!

That's a bummer I would have been keen for sure if I didn't have something else on

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast