Thread: October Long Weekend 2016 trip report

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

October Long Weekend 2016 trip report

Have done a write up on my website with some photos about my trip over to the Mid North Coast through the hinterland of the Great Dividing Range last weekend. Just short of 1000 km for the 3 days, mostly on dirt, even managed to get into low range on the last day down in "The Cells".

Areas travelled were Bulga & Doyles River State Forests north of Elands, Kerewong, Lorne & Broken Bago State Forests near Wauchope, Yoorigan National Park & Middle Brother State Forest near Johns River, Crowdy Bay National Park near Laurieton, Lansdowne State Forest & Coorabakh National Park south of Comboyne & The Cells Conservation Area.

A few of the sights we saw were Rawson Falls near Comboyne, Bago Bluff Lookout near Wauchope, North & Middle Brother Lookouts near Laurieton, the largest tree in NSW near Johns River, Vincent's, Newbys, Big Nellie, Flat Rock Lookouts, Newbys Cave & Starrs Creek Palm Forest in Coorabakh National Park, Waitui Falls in Comboyne State Forest, Ellenborough Rapids, the old gold stamper in The Cells & Apsley Falls near Walcha.

Very dry east of the ranges, plenty of dust, not much water in the creeks & streams. The Prawns & Oysters at Laurieton for lunch on Sunday were excellent. Great weather all weekend.

Link to my website - vk2fmia.com

There is also a link to a short video of the climb up out of The Cells on the site.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

AB (7th October 2016), MEGOMONSTER (7th October 2016), mudnut (7th October 2016), mudski (7th October 2016), Rossco (7th October 2016), Touses (7th October 2016), Woof (7th October 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool trip. Thanx for the write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MEGOMONSTER For This Useful Post:

VK2FMIA (9th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Marvellous, that.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

VK2FMIA (9th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, looks like a nice area. Cut back from Grafton to Armadale at night when we came back down south recently, looks like there's heaps round there, would be beuitifull i reckon. Will have to get up there one day. .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Wow, looks like a nice area. Cut back from Grafton to Armadale at night when we came back down south recently, looks like there's heaps round there, would be beuitifull i reckon. Will have to get up there one day. .
    G`day Rossco, there is a lot of things to see in the area of the Great Divide between the QLD border down to Taree, plenty of National Parks & State Forests to explore. Have covered a fair bit of it over the last 5 or so years.

Couple of links to another trip in the area if you are interested.

Easter 2016 Day 1
    Easter 2016 Day 2
    Easter 2016 Day 3 & 4

Cheers
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

Rossco (9th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate just had a look on the big screen. Beutiful pics and country will definatly have to get up there one day. . .