Thread: Intro from Xxn480 new ZD30 owner with issues

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intro from Xxn480 new ZD30 owner with issues

Introduction,, Darren Saying hello to all. New ee with prob, bahahaaaaaaaaaa. 02 gu driver. Engine temp high , only from 3,000 rpm & up. Below 3,000rpm spot on. Zd 30 donk . 391,000 km's . Be nice, lol. Any idea's may help. Thank you.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 1st October 2016 at 07:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Doggy @AB @MudRunnerTD @Clunk this bloke needs help Mods....
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just moved your post to here mate, hopefully someone may be able to assist you......................me, I have no idea
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    400K on the cooling system means I would be giving it (ccoling) a complete overhaul.

Bottom of the rad core is probably blocked with goo inside and mud/crap/bug guts in the fins for starters
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Just moved your post to here mate, hopefully someone may be able to assist you......................me, I have no idea
    Thanks bloke, fingers crossed.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radiator new 30,000 km's ago. Have gone through basic checks. Flushed cooling system, both fans seem fine. Replaced thermostat.i was thinking maybe egr , so I just fitted Dawes valve & needle valve system. Part of Nads mods. Has made a huge difference. But didn't help with over heating. Exhaust temp only around 300 degrees, water temp up on boiling. Starting to think about turbo maybe? Not sure what I have missed. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you had a compression test? How is the boost holding? Any oil in the water? I'm thinking Haed to be honest. Would be great to find it's the head before it goes bang mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No oil or bubbles in water. Was thinking that way to start with. Still not sure. Boost slightly spikes & then holds fine. Not sure if I have Dawes valve tuned correctly yet, just fitted it. Thought it might have to do with slight spike. Boost gauge fluctuating between 0&1psi at idle ? Cheers.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using factory or after market temp gauge? Big difference on result.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxn480 View Post
    Radiator new 30,000 km's ago. Have gone through basic checks. Flushed cooling system, both fans seem fine. Replaced thermostat.i was thinking maybe egr , so I just fitted Dawes valve & needle valve system. Part of Nads mods. Has made a huge difference. But didn't help with over heating. Exhaust temp only around 300 degrees, water temp up on boiling. Starting to think about turbo maybe? Not sure what I have missed. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.
    Fair enuf, that extra info helps.

Are any of the symptoms different now to what it was doing 30K ago before you changed things IE did it improve at all or make it worse or stay the same?

How long have you had the vehicle?
    Did the issue come on fairly quickly?
    The engine fan should be roaring and pulling a shitload of air when fully clutched, if it isn't the fan clutch is shot

Reasons I ask are;
    After that sort of maintenance the system may need 'burping' IE air pockets in the system.
    Did you correctly check the fan thermo clutch? I would service the clutch and replace the fluid anyway (use Toyota fluid).
    The eleccy thermo fan (A/C) usually won't do squat at high revs so you can pretty much ignore that other than making sure it switches on at hi engine temp.
    When the engine was flushed was it a full on pressure back flush or a garden hose jobbie?

Blocking EGR won't usually do squat for high revs as the EGR valve is mostly closed then anyway
    EGR is only open at lower loads/idling to lower NOX pollution emmissions

I would also do a leak downtest as MRTD suggested, just for peace of mind if nothiing else
    Last edited by the evil twin; 2nd October 2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast