Thread: I'm in the wrong game!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the wrong game!!

Thought I'd start a thread about whether you think you've been 'ripped off', whether you have been 'ripped off' or whether you've just been plain overcharged.

Here's my story.

My tyre got spiked by a Phillips head screw. I took the tyre off and took it locally to get the tube either repaired or replaced.

The bill......tube $20.39, Labour $30, GST $5.04 = TOTAL: $55.43.
    Admittedly it was a split rim.

I feel ripped off - big time - especially the rough quote was $20!
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is sh1t mate i'd be spewin

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Thought I'd start a thread about whether you think you've been 'ripped off', whether you have been 'ripped off' or whether you've just been plain overcharged.

Here's my story.

My tyre got spiked by a Phillips head screw. I took the tyre off and took it locally to get the tube either repaired or replaced.

The bill......tube $20.39, Labour $30, GST $5.04 = TOTAL: $55.43.
    Admittedly it was a split rim.

I feel ripped off - big time - especially the rough quote was $20!
    Not wanting to out rightly piss you off gruntman but at my local Tyre guy I rocked up with a screw in my Tyre and he looked at it, said of yeah, took it away, I waited 10min, comes back and says she's all fixed, I ask how much do I owe ya and he said don't worry about mate. I did buy the tyres from him so was extremely happy with the level of service he gave me a couple of months later! service like that will see me coming right back! Hope your not grinding your teeth at me reading this LMAO

sorry to hear your bad experience, there are arseholes everywhere in this world always ready to screw ya over.

The only case so far where I've felt ripped off is when my starter motor gave up. Got it inspected to see if it was repairable (it wasn't). The prick had it for just over an hour and charged me $160 labour!!! When I asked why so much he goes ohhh these things are a prick of a job to get in and out ( which is true - talking from experience in a GQ) and I sprayed some crc in it and put it back together to see if it would work again ( it didnt). So when he tells me the brushes are rooted and the solenoid is rooted why the F**K do you think crc will fix it???? Havn't been back since. I should have spotted this when I booked it in, he wouldn't give me an est quote and he was rather arrogant.
    What topped it off though was he said, it's your own fault mate, you shouldn't take these through water any deeper than half way up your wheel. I stood there an said, well I didn't spend all this money on a truck so I could make my own parks in town. (technically this is half true lol) but anyhow if I wasnt going to use it for what I bought it for I wouldnt have bought a freaken 4wd! duh! This guy needed it in bloody writing or something cause he was no captain obvious.
    Gruntman I see why you started this thread lol get some rage off my chest.
    Much better now haha

Brett
    Last edited by HippoNZ; 21st April 2011 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bit rich mate, especially as they didn't have to do a tyre repair, one new tube ended up costing you over $50, did they fit and balance?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont get me started. You're in the wrong game, but I'm the wrong gender !!!! 21st century, ppl still think they can scr3w me cos I've got ah.. long hair.
    There was this bloke who sold me door hinges for the Katrol..... ( kidding, Rod)
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno it's odd some places just treat ya right and some don't I bought recently 6 by new KL71 muddies for the trol plus 6 new 16" steel rims to suit all up bout $2200 fitted and balanced. I was happy and paid the cash when I had them fitted fitted I have 4 of my old rims and tryes to get home the guy that owns the store threw his FPV V8 ute keys at me and said chuck in that and take em home. I go you beauty and take em home.

A week later get home from Roxby have a flat friggan roofing nail through one of my brand new tyres had a cry went to see the dude and drop it off to fixed/replaced if stuff he come back in an hour. I do so all fixed I says how much he goes piss off see ya next time. I go thanks Chief.

Bob Jane on Marion Road in Adelaide will always plug a good business.

Cheers
    GU IV Patrol
    NADS, 3" Lift, Snorkel, Steel BB, Kaymar Rear Dual Wheel Carrier, Drawers,Cargo Barrier, 33" Muddies, Tipple Batteries, 60 Ltr Fridge to keep my Beer cold and more Ocky straps than any human being would ever need.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about buying a second hand car and the fella claims he put in a new clutch (No receipt) at first I didnt notice the weird colour clutch fluid. later I noticed it was red, transmission fluid... So had to replace both clutch cylinders (master & slave) proper fluid in it, and guess what... Clutch is nearly gone, no new clutch just a screw over solution which ended up costing me (more, alot) of $$$$
    Lovely people out there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you blank blank blank door hinges, they'll see you out!! just kidd'n.
    Have a great Easter Kat, time ya showed us a fish from the rig, hey fellas??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the ferret For This Useful Post:

katwoman (21st April 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    That's a bit rich mate, especially as they didn't have to do a tyre repair, one new tube ended up costing you over $50, did they fit and balance?
    I took the tyre/rim off my truck, handed it to the workshop, they separated the split rims, removed the screw, had a look at the tube, decided it needed a new one, put the new tube in, reassembled the split rim, aired it up and voila. End of job. Can't see on the invoice where they balanced the tyre.

It wasn't a 'proper' tyre shop. It was a local mechanical workshop. Hope this makes more sense. I still feel ripped off.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMMMM, wouldn't be goin back there then, It dosn't take half an hour ta knock a tyre off a split rim, bung a new tube in and pump it up, I've done hundreds, and thats 10.00.20s, on the side of the road with a tyre lever and a hammer!! halfway between here and who knows feffing where and jacking up 40 Ton ta boot.
    Get yaself a RIMA TIPTOP tyre repair kit, patch ya tubes and plug any hole in ya tyre.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast