OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Does your partner drive your Patrol?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because we have only one car in family, my wife drives our shorty as everyday vehicle, in light offroad also.
    I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs HYs has done advanced 4wd driving course same as myself, and does a little off road driving but prefers to passenger. We tend to tow the camper trailer most times,and whilst happy going forward, not a fan of reversing. She can handle the manual fine, but IMO, brakes later then I like considering we are about 4T all up. Too used to her zippy SUV. My wife is pretty impressive though, moterbike licence, Airline pilot licence, loves remote camping and is happy to fish croc infested creeks with me in our little tinne.
    We are both self sufficient enough to enable return to civilisation if the other becomes incapacitated while remote. I applaud you Cuppa for having the forethought to prepare for the worst, not enough people do this before heading out alone to the greatest parts of this awesome country.
    2006 GUIV DX 4.2 TDI Ute, Bullbar with Warn winch, Narva round spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, 2 x Narva spotties an 80W solor panel on roof, Custom tray, 3" Redback exhaust, Bluemax 2 - EGT/Boost Oil press/Temp and dual volt gauges, Lifted, front locked and fully loaded......
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hardyards For This Useful Post:

jack (12th October 2016), jay see (12th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My missus drives 'our' Patrol daily , & since I put the tigged intercooler on it & pulled the 44gallon drum sized muffler out from underneath it it makes a huge whoosh noise when you give it a boot full & back off so she does that A LOT 😝

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Avo (12th October 2016), jay see (12th October 2016), Touses (13th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MrsTea completed the course yesterday & returned home feeling very pleased with herself that she had passed. I was confident she would. It's only a basic course, but it (& the practice leading up to it) has served the purpose... to give her the necessary confidence to drive the Patrol. S'pose I'll have to give her a go with the Tvan hooked up now.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jay see (17th October 2016), Touses (17th October 2016)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 719 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff Mrs Tea, more girls should get behind the wheel. There is always a chance that a problem may arise where you may need even basic skills to help solve a bad situation. My wife knew where the little stick was and how to use it, hi and low range, plus how to put the hubs in. So if a situation arose where she had to drive, ie , me being anable to drive or a bad medical situation she had the skills to help out.Alittle knowledge can save someones life and the more we know the better, Well done,

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (17th October 2016), katwoman (20th October 2016), Touses (17th October 2016)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456