Thread: Free Camps across the Nullabor

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the help, it's greatly appreciated, I'm really looking forward to finally standing in WA, I've been waiting for too long!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (23rd September 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definitely call into http://headofbight.com.au/ well worth the short drive off the highway
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're just after a place to stop for the night or have a break, there are heaps of pull-offs or rest areas all the way across; most of them are a loop off the road which goes behind the undergrowth.
    But please be courteous and don't take up the space preventing the big fellas from entering and leaving - you can stop anywhere anytime, they have to stop when their log book time is up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

Avo (18th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The free camp at Newman Rock is one of the better free camps toward the western end of the Nullarbor. Also if you have time & want to camp on your own away from the highway & feel like you’re a million miles from civilisation you can take the track out to Cocklebiddy cave, about 10 to 12kms north of the highway. Not signposted ... ask at Cocklebiddy. The track divides multiple times, but it all joins up together eventually. The Cave is closed off btw.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Theres a free camp about 20km out of esperance....Gibsons soak or well.....its at a pub...free camp pets allowed

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceduna to Madurah is a pretty short run. If you leave Cedunah at 8 you will be in Madurah by 2.
    I would un hitch and head South down some tracks. There a loads of caves and an old Station home worth visiting.
    I am pretty sure the Road house GPS coordinates for them.
    I generally miss Ceduna (no offense to anyone but it is pretty ordinary) and take the extra 30 mins to get to Streaky Bay. Great food and beautiful spot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There`s plenty of pull ins as mentioned before and I use to do just that when I traveled across. Keep an eye out for the sheltered rain water tanks along the way, you can`t miss them and they might be a good camping spot for you. Fraser Range Station is about 100 kilometres east of Norseman if you want a paid camp area and a shower. Try Bromus Dam, which is about 32 Ks south of Norseman and about 65 Ks north of Salmon Gums on the western side of Coolgardie Esperance Highway. I spent a night there once and liked it. If you have a yabby net, drop it in to the dam when you arrive there when you camp and pull it up in the morning. A small tin of cat food will help to attract the yabbies. Driving across the Nullarbor for the first time is great and don`t believe the people who say it`s boring. Stop at Eucla for the museum and the old telegraph station, plus the old jetty that you can still drive too.
    Last edited by Bush Ranger; 22nd September 2016 at 09:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12